twenty one

"all of jungkook's memories of you will be erased."

ji eun could only hear static. 

it was as if her ears had stopped working as soon as she heard those words.

"w-what?" she whispered. 

"you heard me. take it or leave it." si hyuk smiled. "you want to help jungkook, right?"

ji eun nodded. "of course i do." 

"then, do we have a deal?" 

ji eun took a deep, shaky breath. her chest began to hurt as she imagined a life without jungkook. sure, she had lived without jungkook even during their relationship. he was always busy and never really had time to go out with her, leaving her to survive on text messages and phone calls. 

but still, he tried his best. he did everything he could to keep their relationship healthy and to keep the both of them connected.

she couldn't count the amount of times he had mentioned his job. the amount of times of he had told her something funny one of his members did. the amount of times he told her how excited he was to release a new single. the amount of times he told her how tired he was during dance practice, but that he would always give it his all. the amount of times he had mentioned how the fans chanting their names would get stuck in his head at night. the amount of times he had mentioned how meeting her had opened up his world and that now he could write more passionate lyrics.

the amount of times he had told her he loved her and that she inspired him to do his best. 

she could only wish the best for him.

she look si hyuk in the eyes and nodded, holding back tears.

"we have a deal."