fourteen

ji eun was tired.

she worked endless shifts at the coffee shop, all while trying to balance college life and homework. there was barely any time in the day for her to take a breather anymore.

she was mentally drained, but in all honesty she felt more emotionally drained than mentally.

jungkook had began preparing for his group's comeback, and he hasn't been contacting her at all. sure, there were the occasional "good morning"s and "good night"s, and if she got lucky he would throw in a "how have you been", but other then that he had never replied once she responded.

hell, even taehyung had stopped bothering her.

she tried not to be too selfish. she knew this was his career, and this is what he loved doing.

but in the back of her mind, she couldn't help but wonder: he can't give me one phone call?

she felt so stupid for thinking that, but she couldn't help it. was it wrong to wanting communication with the one she loved?

⊲⊳

their comeback came out, and ji eun had spend hours on end watching their music video over and over again. she loved watching their group perform with all their hearts.

once they came back, ji eun hoped that jungkook would contact her, or reply to her texts. but right after comeback came promotional concerts and tv shows.

also known as even less time to communicate.

⊲⊳

one night, ji eun was in bed, staring at her ceiling. maybe that last minute coffee was a bad idea...

suddenly, she heard a knock at her door. she got out of bed in fear, wondering who would be crazy enough to knock on her door at two in the morning.

she tiptoed to look through the peephole and suppressed a squeal.

she opened the door to let her boyfriend, clad in all black, into her house.

he engulfed her in a long hug. no words were exchanged, and no words needed to be exchanged. all they needed was each other.

⊲⊳

they cuddled in bed after he asked her if he could spend the night. he ran his hand through her hair as she pulled the blankets higher.

"sorry for not texting you," he whispered. "i was so tired everyday. i know that's a stupid excuse but--"

she interrupted him by kissing him quickly. "it's okay."

"you're not mad?" he asked.

"i mean, i am a little mad. but you're here now, and that's all that matters." she said, cuddling more into his chest.

"sorry," he said again, holding her tighter.

"i saw your comeback performance. it's really good." she said.

"you liked it? that's good." he smiled.

they laid there in silence. ji eun could feel  jungkook drifting off into sleep, but she was still wide awake.

"hey, jungkookie," she whispered.

"hmm?" he mumbled.

"what do you think about... this? about us." she asked.

he was wide awake now. "what do you mean?"

"don't i get in the way of your career? i mean--" she was interrupted by jungkook's phone ringing.

he looked at his phone and back at her. she motioned for him to pick it up, feeling a twinge of anger form in her core.

"hello, hyung?" he answered.

ji eun could hear rap monster's voice through his phone. she could make out certain words like: home, hurry, practice, manager.

jungkook looked at her as she sighed. "go."

"yeah, hyung, i'm coming soon." he hung up his phone and got out of bed. "i'm really sorry, eunnie. again."

she smiled, but it was one of sadness. "hey, jungkookie." she whispered before he walked out of her bedroom door.

"yes?" he said.

ji eun knew she was going to hate herself for asking this, but she did it anyways.

being with jungkook made her realize that her parents' words were wrong.

her happiness is important, too.

"if you had to choose between bangtan and me, what would you choose?"