twenty five (epilogue)

life carried on for ji eun.

it had been a couple months since she had lost jungkook, and she couldn't bring herself to look at anything bangtan related.

but whenever one of his songs began playing in the cafe she worked at, she felt tears form in her eyes and she felt the same stabbing sensation in her heart all over again.

she thought at least taehyung could've popped by and visited her, but he didn't.

she was alone again. all over again.

but what kept her going was jungkook's happiness. he's where he belongs, and she couldn't interfere with that.

she found herself staring at her phone often, waiting for a text message or a call from him. his number got deleted from her phone after the incident, so she found herself picking up any call from any unknown number just praying it was him.

but it would always be just another advertisement.

⊲⊳

ji eun wiped the sweat on her forehead before gazing at her work.

the other day, the elderly owners of the cafe called her and asked her to take charge of it for the next two days while they went on a short family vacation. she decided to wake up earlier to clean up and rearrange the ingredients in the back of the kitchen to make it easier for her coworkers.

she had wiped the counters and disinfected all the tables. she even straightened out the pictures on the walls.

she glanced at her watch.

3:43am.

it was pretty early in the morning. she tightened her ponytail and sat at the counter, resting her head in her arms and sighing.

until she hear the jingling of the chimes by the door.

she turned around and faced the customer with her signature eye smile.

"i'm sorry, but we're not--"

her voice trailed off when her eyes landed on a familiar figure clad in all black, wearing a mask.

"oh, i'm sorry. i didn't see the sign." he said, turning around and leaving.

she didn't stop him this time.

ji eun felt the tears slip out of her eyes as soon as he left. she cried her eyes out, taking advantage of her loneliness and being as loud as she wants.

she buried her head in her arms again. what were the chances of meeting him again? in the exact same situation?

maybe she should've stopped him. she should've told him she could take his order still. maybe he would've fallen in love with her all over again.

because she was already in love with him.

but if she did, would the same fate await them? would she get heartbroken all over again?

her thoughts were interrupted by the familiar door jingle.

ji eun quickly wiped her eyes (and nose) with her sleeve and faced the customer with a smile.

that almost faltered when she saw it was jungkook.

he pulled down his mask and walked closer to her, but not too close, sensing her hesitation.

she remembered the feeling of his plump lips on her as soon as she saw them again.

she saw her reflection in his eyes, and her heart began to thump rapidly in her chest.

"s-sir?" she said, nervously.

he looked her straight in the eyes and he unconsciously opened his mouth.

"eunnie?"

⊲⊳

a/n: dedicated to sinfulwinds

"because i love you" is officially completed! thank you all for reading (: please check out my other stories as well! (shamelessly promoting myself)