Chapter Thirty Two

"She thought that you and I were..." Nixie stared at Remus after arriving to the Burrow the morning after to speak with him about Order business pertaining to the Weasleys and the girls coming to the Grimmauld Place, when Remus decided to share a funny tale with her that occurred during the night when Remus returned to the Burrow.

Remus chuckled. "Yeah, I think she got the wrong idea about us, because I said we go way back. She really did believe that you and I were an item. Probably should have worded it better."

"Way to go, Remus." She shook her head at him before smiling. "What did you tell her?"

"I told her that we were just friends and that I consider you to be like a sister to me. That's all, she seemed to be understanding of that."

"Do you think she was upset because she's holding out the possibility of you and her mother getting back together? I know it's been awhile since you and Margaret were together, but it doesn't mean she doesn't hold onto that glimmer of hope in the back of her mind." Nixie said.

Remus shook his head quickly, dismissing the idea completely. "I think she understands that there is no reconciliation in that relationship, we're better off as friends. Although, I'm sure right now Maggie hates me beyond anything for keeping Eleanor away."

"Well, did you tell her, Remus? Did you tell her what's going on? What happened at school? What Eleanor was a part of?"

The man glanced up at her and then down to the floor. "No."

"Ugh, Remus, you can't do that to her, it's her mother." Nixie looked him in the eye." She has every right to know what's going on with her daughter."

"You don't understand Nixie, Margaret doesn't understand nor does she like magic. It scares her quite a bit, if I was to tell her about all the darkness happening now in the wizarding world, we would have even more problems on our hands."

Nixie frowned. "How long do you plan on keeping her in the dark, Remus? Regardless of her fear, it is her daughter that we're talking about here. A mother should know what's happening with their child..."

"I have to say I agree." Molly said as she entered the kitchen. "Even if something did frighten me, I'd like to know the truth of what my children were up to. After all, they're my children and I'd like to help them in any way that I could."

Remus sighed before running his hand through his hair. " Fine, I'll consider telling her, but right now, I have to go. I'll be back...and..."

"Don't worry, we'll watch over Eleanor." Molly smiled at the man.

"Thank you." he sighed with a small smile before leaving out the back.

"The man carries so much stress on him." Molly said to Nixie.

"Trust me, he's done that since we were little." Nixie told her. Moments later, Eleanor appeared in the kitchen after waking up.

"Good morning, deary." Mrs. Weasley smiled at the girl. "You're the first up."

"Morning." Eleanor responded. " I thought I heard Dad down here?"

"You did." Nixie said. "You just missed him, I'm afraid."

Eleanor frowned as she sat down. "Oh."

"He has been quite busy, hasn't he?" Nixie said in attempts to comfort the girl.

"Yeah, he has been. I was hoping to spend a bit more of the summer with him."

"I know and I'm sure he wants to spend a great deal of the summer with you too." Nixie reassured her.

"He has a weird way of showing it." Eleanor muttered.

Nixie chuckled as she looked to Molly with a grin. However as she looked at Eleanor, the small pout on the girl's face reminded Nixie all too much of Remus when they were younger.

"You look a lot like your father," Nixie blurted out.

Eleanor looked up at her. "You think so?"

"Oh yes, I've known your father since we were eleven, and you resemble a lot of him."

Eleanor smiled. "So were you in Gryffindor with him?"

"I was. In fact, your father was the first person I met on the Hogwarts Express before the sorting."

"Really?" 

Nixie chuckled as the girl leaned forward to listen more of what she had to say.

"And then I was sorted into Gryffindor along with your father, and James Potter-"

"Harry's dad?"

Nixie nodded. "And Mr. Black..."

She didn't dare mention Peter's name in the home, but Eleanor seemed to be amused by Nixie calling Sirius, Mr. Black.

"So you were friends with all of them?"

"Not right away. Your father yes...the others...let's just say I needed to warm up to the idea of them."

"Why's that?" Eleanor asked curiously.

"Because they were nothing but trouble." Nixie mused. "Always doing something they weren't supposed to..."

"Sounds like two people I know." Molly chuckled with a knowing look.

 "So Dad really did get into trouble?" Eleanor questioned further.

"Not as much as James and Sirius..." Nixie answered truthfully, "but yes, he did frequently joined them in being naughty boys."

"I have a hard time imagining that." Eleanor admitted.

"Well while your dad was probably the most mature out of the group, he did share in the mischief quite a bit...it was conflicting for him."

"Why's that?"

"Because your father made prefect , do you know how hard it is not to get your friends in trouble?"

"Oooh." Eleanor said. "Yeah I can imagine that would be difficult. But he didn't get them in trouble did he?"

"No of course not. He would never do something like that. He's far too nice in those respects."

"So you two were good friends..what happened?"

Nixie's eyes flickered as Molly turned around and gave her a look.

"A lot happened." Nixie said scratching the top of her arm awkwardly. "It was a difficult time after we graduated from Hogwarts. Especially with the war going on...war puts everyone on edge, Eleanor."

"You can just call me Ellie." she said.

Nixie was growing more uncomfortable by the second and really didn't want to discuss the topic of the falling out of all the friends due to Peter's betrayal. Rather than continuing the conversation, she stood up to offer Molly help setting the table.