Chapter One Hundred Fourteen

With Remus' permission, Nixie and Sirius were able to intervene and use their resources to collect the needed ingredients to make the wolfsbane potion, but they were also given the opportunity of having the merfolk help with the brewing as they were quite talented with potion-making, Meri had become extremely helpful. It was the least they could do for Remus now that he was preparing to welcome his second child. He had missed out on the many years of raising Eleanor, mainly due to his own fear of getting close to anyone but they didn't want him to do the same thing. They wanted Remus to be happy, hell, they all wanted to be happy. 

But it was as close as they could get during times of war and lucky, they could brew some extra for upcoming full moons and it gave them something to keep their minds occupied. Although, with the Potterwatch, they had something to look forward to with the broadcasts. Sirius especially looked forward to it, his nickname, Paddywagon which Nixie for the life of her could not say without laughing. Of course, Sirius just had to bring up that if she ever took to being a guest on the broadcast that she could just result to Flipper again. 

Things were quiet on the home front for those that kept a low-profile, muggle-borns were still being dragged in at the request of proving their "magical" lineage to prove that they weren't stealing magic. Many of them went on the run and some of them had been captured and killed leaving the wizarding world to anticipate waking up to the announcement of another death every morning. 

Nixie and Sirius were concerned about Ted has he had ran off and they hadn't heard anything from him in quite some time. Andromeda was beside herself always anticipating the worse but keeping a strong face for the sake of her daughter. 

But even with the hunt solely focused on muggle-borns and Harry with his friends, other wizards and witches had to be mindful when it came to watching their back. Eleanor had made the foolish mistake of stepping out on her own, even in broad daylight. She had come across Marnie, the witch and her family still on the run as her parents were muggle-borns. Unfortunately, while Marnie had been able to get away, Eleanor had been taken by Snatchers and brought to an interrogation by Umbridge.

Fortunately, Lyall had mustered up his strength and walked right into the Ministry to take his granddaughter home as they had no evidence to hold her. Eleanor had been lucky, but there was no telling when luck would run out for all of them. They couldn't take such risks and it was almost as if they were completely outnumbered as more witches and wizards were turning on each other to remain safe. However, some good news came from the event as Cedric was able to learn through the Potterwatch Broadcast that Marnie and her family was safe. 

"I'm getting desperate," Nixie said one morning as she sat at the kitchen table, "give me something." 

She was referring to any information pertaining to Harry and the others, but Sirius had taken her calls for something completely different. She was pulling at her hair when she heard music sound from behind her.

Turning around in her chair, she caught sight of Sirius dancing alone in a very weird, yet seductive manner. She raised a brow, entirely confused as to what was going on and what was going on in the man's head. Then again, as she thought about it, she probably didn't want to know.

"What are you doing?" She asked. 

"You said you were desperate and to give you something," Sirius told her, " well here I am, darling."

He started to unbutton his shirt, although the reaction he received was not the one he expected as Nixie started laughing. As soon as she saw his offended look, she quickly clapped her hand over her mouth until she calmed herself down.

"I'm so sorry," she said, "I'm not laughing at you."

"Well, it sure as hell looks to be that way," Sirius said buttoning back his shirt. She pushed herself up and made her way over to them, placing her hands over his. Once he dropped his hands from the button, Nixie held the front of his shirt in between her fingers, glancing down at his bare chest before peering up at him.

"You misunderstood my pleas, Sirius," Nixie told him, " I was talking about receiving some news about Harry, I am getting desperate about learning something new and I was hoping for something on the next Potterwatch."

"Oh," Sirius said as he blushed slightly. He glanced down at his open shirt before shaking his head. "Well, don't I feel like the royal arse?"

She laughed once more before her hands started to fumble with the remaining buttons of his shirt. He watched curiously as he raised a brow with a bit of a smirk playing on his lips. "And what exactly are you doing, Nini?"

"Seems as though I wasn't the only desperate one in the house looking for something to do," Nixie said, " I can't give you something to do but I can give you someone."

"Oh my!" Sirius said with a laugh of his own before leaning in and kissing her. As her hands rested on his chest and slid down to remove his shirt completely, he worked on hers as his hands ran through her hair and continued downward. 

"Should we bring this upstairs?" He asked placing one of his arms behind her legs and lifting her up into his arms. 

"I don't see why we couldn't continue this right here."

That certainly seemed to pique the man's interest in many ways as he peered over at the kitchen table. "Oh, for shame, Nini! We eat there!"

"We still co-"

There was a knock on the door as the two were lip locked, leaving both of them to groan in disappointment. However, they heard Remus' voice call from the other side of the door.

"I swear to Merlin, if we interrupted Moony as many times as he interrupts us during sex, he wouldn't have Eleanor or this new little one on the way."

Nixie snorted before making her way towards the door. "Make sure that you're decent, Sirius, we can't scar little Moony."

"Little Moony, my arse," Sirius muttered. "More like Little Coc-"

Opening the door, Nixie let Remus in, and once again, the man looked positively frantic. He walked in while Sirius was still buttoning up his shirt as Nixie closed the door over and locked it.

"Remus, what's wrong?"

"There have been a few problems," Remus said as he faced them. "Unfortunately, with Ron leaving and heading to the Shell Cottage...and the Death Eaters know that he doesn't have Spattergroit in the Burrow. They had to get out of there as soon as possible to avoid any sort of home invasion sent on them."

"Oh my goodness," Nixie frowned, " are they alright?! Is Molly okay? I'm sure-"

"They're okay, Ron's fine, he went back to Harry and Hermione. Molly's not exactly in the best states right now with everything going on, but she's holding in there. All of the Weasleys have been moved to Muriel's home for the time being."

"All of them?" Sirius asked. "Including Eleanor?"

Remus turned to see the cheeky smile on his friend's face before he looked down at the floor. " Yes, Eleanor has decided that she will be staying with Fred and the others at the home. I offered her to stay with Tonks and I but she declined-"

Nixie walked over, pushing Sirius out of the way. "I think she just wanted to stay with Fred as a source of comfort during these times, Remus. It's not to offend you, besides you have Tonks to take care of right now, and soon enough, you'll have a little one to fill in your time."

"Oh Merlin," Remus suddenly looked paler than usual as he fell back onto the sofa and placed his face into his hands. Sirius glanced over at Nixie and shook his head.

"And I thought I was bad at comforting people."