Chapter Twenty Nine

Sirius ran into the next room as fast as he could only to see Nixie pushing herself back, horror prominent on her face as she continued to cry out and shake her head.

"Nixie? Nixie?! What's wrong?' He made his way to her side and knelt down. Her hand reached up and pointed in the direction but she refused to look.

"No...Noo!" she cried out. "Noo!"

Sirius turned his head back and instantly saw what had frightened Nixie so badly. In the corner, pouring out of a box was Henry Dover's dead body, he had the same expression on his face from the night he had been killed.

Before he could turn around to get her out, Nixie had her wand out trying to deflect the boggart that had taken form of her father, but due to the lack of happiness, she was unable to and the boggart decided to continue to play with her fears.

Sirius watched as Henry's body morphed right into him, dead on the floor. He froze completely startled by the sight of seeing himself dead.

Nixie tried to escape the room as tears burned at her eyes, while Sirius found himself unable to move.

But while the couple was overwhelm with fear, Buckbeak entered the room to see the two and eyed the boggart in the corner.

The hippogriff stalked over to Nixie and blocked her view of the boggart before reaching forward and snatching Sirius back by his shirt using his beak.Sirius fell back to the floor pulling him out of his daze. Without no one focused on the boggart, the creature slithered back below the bed.

Finally back in control of himself, Sirius turned to see Nixie staring blankly at the wall as Buckbeak remained between her and the bed to block the view. Her body was shaking slightly and Sirius was unsure of what to do except pull her into him and hold onto her. She buried her face into the crook of his neck and held onto him just as tight.

With Boggwarts and Doxies infesting the place, Sirius really didn't want Nixie to stay there, he didn't think between the infestations, his mother's portrait and Kreacher, he really didn't want Nixie to be in a bad place mentally.

"Nixie, I have to get you out of here, this isn't good for you." he said as he muttered into her hair.

"No..no.." she said. "I don't want to."

"It's not about wanting to, Nixie, you need to do this."

She continued to shake her head refusing to leave his side. He eventually got her to stand up and led her out of the room, making sure the boggart didn't make another appearance.

He brought her downstairs but Kreacher was there and fully prepared to lay out the insults in the wake of his Mistress.

But Sirius was not in the mood as he pulled the wand from his pocket to attack the house-elf but before he could, Nixie placed her hand over his arm and pushed it down.

"No, don't do it." She said. 

"Why not?"

"It's not going to solve anything, Sirius. Remember, choose your battles."

"What if I choose this one?"

Nixie pulled him down to sit on the dusty sofa beside her as Kreacher left the room mumbling to himself.

"I hate that thing." Sirius said before turning to her. Nixie looked tired as she looked at him quietly. She wasn't going to leave without him, she made that very clear. He would try to convince her to return to her family home, however, he knew she wasn't going to like being alone as her mother had to wait to the next full moon to emerge from the water.

Rather than trying to argue with her about leaving the Grimmauld Place, he just allowed her to rest against him until she fell asleep. Once she was sound asleep, Sirius debated whether leaving her downstairs with Kreacher and his mother, or bringing her upstairs where she could potentially have a run in with another boggart or a doxy.

Then suddenly, he thought of an idea.

Buckbeak eyed the man before him as he set the woman down in the bed that he cleared off.

"Now Beaky, if a boggart or a doxy come in here..." Sirius prompted him.

Buckbeak snapped his beak loudly.

"Good...and if Kreacher comes in here...'

The hippogriff scraped his claws against the floor. Sirius smiled. 

"Perfect. Alright, you two get to be roommates for the time being." Sirius said. "However, I'll warn you Buckbeak, if you're the one who wakes her up...your beak and claws won't be able to save you, mate....on that note...good luck!"