Chapter 27- Mission: Get Everything Back To Normal

We got home to see that everyone was here, including dad and Sabrina and to say that dad looked pissed would be an understatement. "You better have a good explanation Ivy! And what the hell happened to your foot?"

"Dad I can explain... Zander and I have a past and it's not a good one"

"What do you mean?" Dad snaps while looking at the both of us.

"Meaning we hooked up but-"

"What?! How could you do that Ivy?! You promised that-"

"Wait... Dad you're blaming me? He raped me! How am I at fault for that?" I shout angrily with a tear falling down my face.

"I know Zander and there is no way that he could have done something like that" Dad crosses his arms, anger clear on his face.

"Dad I saw it happen. I feel awful. I saw Ivy being depressed and angry and that killed me. So I went over to Zander's and asked him what happened, he just smirked and said that she wanted it so I punched him. And last night at the party, it wasn't Ivy that beat up Zander... It was me. I heard her scream for help and I knew that she couldn't do anything because of her foot so I ran upstairs to see him trying to kiss her so I beat him up before anything could happen again. I'm sorry" Mason apologizes and dad turns to Zander angrily.

"You! You raped my daughter, your stepsister?! That's incest! Do you know how disgusting that is?!" Dad walks towards Zander and Zander looks like he's about to crap his pants. That's right, fear my father the way I feared you all these years.

"Sir I-I-"

"Save it Zander. You are going back to boarding school and you are not to come back without my permission! I can't believe the damage that you've done to this family. I can understand why Ivy has been on edge lately" Sabrina shouts. Wow this is the first time that I can say that I like her and mean it.

"But mom-"

"It's that or jail." Dad growls and Zander sighs. "Now go pack your stuff and get the hell out of my house!" He shouts. Zander looks at me and this time I am the one to smirk. He runs upstairs followed by Maria and I hug Mason.

"Luke run to Avery's house, tell her it's an emergency. I have a feeling that this isn't over yet" I mumble and he nods and runs as fast as he can. Within a few minutes Zander comes out holding a knife to Maria's throat.

"Zander what are you doing?" I ask calmly

"Stay back or I will slit her throat!" There are tears in his eyes.

"Dad get everyone out now" he looks at me with a feared expression and doesn't move. "I said now!" I shout causing him along everyone else to leave.

"Zander... You know you don't want to do this. It is between you and me, Maria has nothing to do with this. It is not her fault, it's mine. Let her go" he starts crying and shaking his head.

"I can't" he says and I nod. "Yes you can, you are strong and I know that deep down the old Zander is in there. If you love her, let her go. Take me" they slowly walk down the stairs. "Good, that's it, now let her go so we can deal with this" he lets her go and she goes running outside with the others. He then raises the knife to his own throat.

"Zander, why are you doing this?" I ask calmly. Breathe Ivy. You cannot panic, you have to stay strong.

"They are going to send me away!" Tears stream down his face and a tear falls down my face as well.

"Zander, there is no need for the cops to get involved... We can solve this" his lip starts quivering as we hear the sound of sirens outside.

"There's no solving any of this Ivy. I messed up. There's something wrong with me-"

"No Zander. Nothing is wrong with you... J-just put the knife down so we can get you the help you need" I stutter as tears fall down my face 

"All I wanted was to be happy. I'm sorry"

"NO!" I scream as he slits his throat open causing blood to splatter all over me. He goes down and I start crying as the police barge in.

"Ivy are you oka- oh my god" A voice that I recognize as Blake's says and I don't move, I just cry harder. He enwraps me in a hug.

Before I know it, I am outside sitting with a blanket around me. "Ivy what happened in there?" Sabrina asks and I don't respond.
Mason's POV
I pull Sabrina to a corner and explain. "Sabrina I am so sorry for your loss but Ivy is not going to respond"

"What do you mean?" She asks, wiping away her tears causing me to put my head down.

"As you know, Ivy has a lot of problems. And our mothers death is one of the reasons. She was in the car with her and when she was being questioned at the hospital, she did not respond. It took her a really long time to talk about it. It took her about two months until she said mom or went into her room. She is going to act like everything is normal for a while but that's just because she's in shock. I'm sorry" I hug her as she shakes her head

"I understand" she says calmly. We walk back to everyone else who is trying to talk to Ivy but she pretty much looks dead. Her face is pale, her eyes are red, and she refuses to move.
-------
Ivy's POV
I wake up and look at my clock to see that I have 20 minutes until school starts. I jump up, and almost trip over my feet in the process of throwing on my clothes. I tie my hair in a ponytail, slip on my boot and my sneaker and try to run downstairs without hurting my foot.

"Ivy" I look up at my dad, Mason's and Sabrina's concerned expressions. "Why didn't you wake me up?" I snap and none of them move.

"Ivy I don't think you should go" Dad says worriedly

"And why not? I'm fine. Can someone drive me?" I ask eagerly and Mason grabs his keys and walks out after me.
-------
I walk into school and everyone stares at me like I am a ticking time bomb. Great, this is eighth grade all over again. I grab my books out of my locker and head to math.

"Ivy can I speak to you for a minute?" My math teacher asks and I nod. "Ivy I was grading the test that you took before vacation and I'm afraid to say that you didn't do very well. This is unusual for you, what's going on?" I shake my head and smile.

"I'm sorry, I have just been having some issues lately but I promise my grades will maintain average. How's Blake doing?" This causes her to smile

"Well actually he's doing very well, he's getting 80's and 90's now. I think you are rubbing off on him, you must be a great tutor" I nod. "Thank you. I'm going to go sit down now" she nods as I walk to my seat, avoiding all of the states I'm getting.

I sit down and out of the corner of my eye, I see Blake looking at me. "Hey, are you okay?"

I smile and respond "yeah I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"
Blake's POV
Denial. She's going through another denial faze. I'm deeply worried for her. I just respond to her by nodding and going back to my work, well not really. I look at Layla and mouth "check your phone"

I send her a text:
B- I'm worried about her. She's going through her denial faze
L- I know but it's normal for her
B- how can this be normal?! Her step brother/ rapist/ ex lover just committed suicide in front of her! She's in shock, she needs help!
L- No, she needs us. We need to be there for her right now
B- Why? She needs a doctor
L- No she needs a distraction. Do anything you can to distract her. She really needs it right now.
B-I don't understand why we can't take her to get help
L- you don't get it! If she gets help then she's going to have to face the reality that he killed himself in front of her because he didn't want to go back to boarding school! And if that happens we may lose her forever! When her mom died and after Zander, she tried to kill herself and we don't want that. So keep your mouth shut and help distract her! Okay?
B- ...Okay.

Alright Blake, just act normal, or whatever you think is normal. I'm setting myself on a mission. Mission: get Ivy back to normal