Chapter 6- Grams

Ivy's POV
"So how'd it go with hot pants last night?" Layla asks with a wink and I mentally roll my eyes, I take out my Math notebook and close my locker before I answer.

"I'm not talking to him at the moment"

"Uh oh what happened?" She says sarcastically

"Something, he just snapped at me and I don't really blame him, but I am going to give him space until last period. Anyways, what did you do at the party?" I ask loudly and she groans, I can clearly tell that she's hung over, I just want to get a rise out of her

"Shh not too loud. I think it's pretty obvious considering that I am in the same clothes that I wore to the party" I cross my arms and quirk an eyebrow

"And why exactly is that?"

"Because my idiot of a brother Liam didn't wake me up this morning and I had no time to change and he took the car so I ran to school" I chuckle, typical Liam.

"Well that's Liam for you" We walk into class and slot Liam talking to Blake, Layla gives Liam a death stare. Blake looks at me but I don't even bother. I just need to give him space.

"Miss Daniels, I am switching your seat with Mister Hunter so please get up and switch" Our math teacher says to Layla and her and Blake switch seats.

During the lesson, Blake looked at me a couple of times but I didn't look back. I am giving him space. The bell couldn't have rang any faster because I was the first one to dart out of the room when it did.

"You were quick to run out, you okay?" Liam asks while putting an arm around my shoulder

"Yeah, I was just a little uncomfortable sitting next to Blake" Liam has a look of confusion on his face

"I thought you two were friends?" He says in a questionable manner and I sigh.

"We are, well I think... We just had a little falling out, sort of, it's complicated" He raises an eyebrow

"I have time"

"Well, his father has been hiding that he had a sister aka Avery and I told him and took him to see her. When we got back to the house after he shut the party down, I asked him if he was okay and he snapped at me and told me to leave so I decided to give him time"

"That makes a lot of sense, he kept saying how he wanted to apologize to you this morning and I asked him why but he wouldn't answer me-" he is cut off by my phone ringing.

"It's Luke's school, I have to take this" he nods and I answer the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi is this Ivy Blackwell?"

"Yes, is Luke okay?"

"I'm afraid not, Luke got into a fight and later on he threw up" a sudden panic raised in me.

"What kind of fight?"

"Nothing to worry about, just verbal. Anyways, we need you to come down to the school and pick him up, is that a problem?"

"No m'am, I'll be there shortly" I hang up and look at Liam, he sees that I am worried so he asks "what happened? Is Luke okay?"

"Yeah, he just got sick at school so I have to go and pick him up"

"What about school?" I shrug

"I have to go, there is no way that Mason can come home, his job helps pay the bills. I have to go, can you let our AP know that I have to leave?" He nods and hugs me.

"I'm sure he's fine, good luck" I nod and walk, more like run away.
-----
I walk into Luke's school and see him sitting in a chair looking very out of it. I quickly sign him out and pull him outside