Chapter 9- Anything Can Happen

I see a car coming towards me so I jump out of the way "WATCH IT!" The driver shouts and I flip him the finger and continue walking to Luke's school.

Once I pick him up, I mess up his hair and say "you look happy, how was your day my little lightning bug?" I have called him that ever since I was nine and he was six because one day a bunch of lightning bugs flew in his sweater and he was glowing in the dark without even realizing it.

"Maybe that's because I am" I smirk and nudge him

"Does this have anything to do with a certain girl named Lacy" I tease and he blushes. "It does! Spill!"

"Well... I may or may not have asked her out on a date and she said yes" he sings while jumping up and down and I smile

"Awe that's so cute! When are you going and where are you taking her?"

"Well since everyone is going to be out tonight, I offered to take her to a movie and ice cream tonight" I squeal

"Awe! Can I help you get ready before I leave?" I ask, basically jumping up and down from excitement and he chuckles

"What do you know about going on a date? You've never been on one" I cross my arms

"In my defense, no guy has ever showed interest in me. And two, Aiden has gone on plenty-"

"Which is why I plan on letting him help me" Loop hole!

"He has a game tonight so he's not going to be home! Come on, please???" I practically beg and he rolls his eyes and sighs

"Ugh fine you could help-"

"YAY! My baby brothers going on a date!" I pick him up and twirl him around.

"You can put me down now" he says in an aggravated tone and I chuckle and skip up the driveway. Once he is in the door I mentally make a list in my head.

"Alright we have an hour and a half until I have to leave. Go take a shower, then get dressed and I will do your hair and then I should have enough time to get my shoes and dress and go, alright let's get started, hurry!" I order while clapping my fingers and he runs upstairs and within a few minutes I hear the shower running.
------
"Alright baby bro, your done and I gotta go. I'll see you later, don't stay out too late, love you" I give him a kiss on the cheek, grab my dress and shoes, and basically run out the door as Layla honks the horn.

"I'm coming!" I yell while closing the door and I can see the smirk on her face which causes me to roll my eyes. I get in the car and she still has that smirk on her face.

"You ready for the best night of your life?" I roll my eyes

"It's homecoming Layla, it's not like it's prom or anything-"

"You never know. Anything can happen" I turn to her only to see that she's smiling like an idiot.

"You know something and I want to know what it is-"

"Can't tell you. It's a secret, now let me focus on the road" It only took a few minutes to drive to Avery's house. Once we parked, we got out and rang the doorbell to see a tall blonde woman who I am guessing is Tori with a smile on her face.

"Hi, you must be Ivy and Layla, I'm Tori. Ave has told me so much about you" she pulls us into a hug. Ave, I like that nickname, it's cool. She lets us inside and we are greeted by not only Nate and Jenny, but another boy and girl that look like twins.

"Hi, I'm Carter and my little sister hiding behind Nate is my sister Nina, who are you?" The little boy Carter says and I bend down to him and smile