Chapter 30

Life got super crazy after that. I spent four months of non-stop crazy work. School started and things got even crazier. The only reason I kept my sanity was because of Lake.

Violet moved out of the apartment to live with Zack. They were dating and since he was rich he had more than enough room for her, so Lake and I ended up sharing the apartment. Lake was basically the perfect roommate. Who was I kidding, he was the perfect everything.

He usually woke me up by bringing me coffee. He'd kiss me and tell me good morning before he turned on the tv and we cuddled for a half hour before he went to school and I started getting ready for "work." That time of the day was literally the only constant thing about me day. After that, everything got random and fast.

Everyday when I got home, I collapsed on my bed and fell asleep. Lake would wake me up when he finished making something to eat. He was amazing. Usually I hardly are because I was so tired. I completely underestimated the effort put in by actors.

Today I woke up excited. Lake and I were both going to a studio to record some of my songs for the movie. Lake wasn't really suppose to come but since it was Saturday, he didn't have school. I was awake when he came in with the coffee. He sat next to me and I laid my head on his chest and drank my coffee.

He knew what was going on so after our little routine was over, one that I cherished more than life, we both got ready. In twenty minutes we were out the door and off to the studio.

***

"Don't touch that." Said Ronda into the mic inside the studio room. Ronda sat at the sound board while Lake sat on the couch in the back. I was trying to adjust the mic before Ronda screamed at me.

"Just sing." She said. "Okay, go."

I sang this song that the came with the script. It was a weird song about how all girls liked me. Yeah, anyway. When I finished the first time, Ronda looked impressed.

"One more time just to be safe. I think you nailed it though." Ronda told me. Again I sang the weird song. "Perfect. Okay now the next one." She told me. I sighed and sang the next one that was also made up by the script people. It was better at far as the lyrics went. Again, Ronda made me record it once more before telling me to do the third and final one.

When we got done, I walked back into the studio room. Ronda turned to me.

"You were suppose to be here for an hour longer but I think what we have is solid. I don't usually get so impressed but I am very impressed." Ronda told me. I smiled. She turned to Lake and asked if he wanted a turn in the booth. He said Hell yeah and went right in.

I watched my beautiful boyfriend sing Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars. He freaking rocked it. I was proud of him, he was a really, really amazing singer. He was probably as good as me.

When he finished he came out of the booth and smiled at me. Ronda looked at us both.

"Are you two, like, a couple?" She asked. Lake nodded and held me close to him. I'm pretty sure I blushed. "I'd keep that a secret."

Lake and I looked at each other.

"I mean, you two are both very good-looking. You'd draw most of your fans based on your appearances, generally, girls would like you for you appearances. All of the girls think they'd have a shot with you but when they find out your gay, it would make your careers crumble before they started." Ronda had a point. A good point.

"I don't care." I said. I wanted to be with Lake, and I didn't actually care if anyone knew. Lake squeezed me.

"You will when no one hires you. Sure, they say it's all equality but it isn't not yet." Ronda told us. I never, ever thought about it like that.

***

Lake and I talked about what we wanted to do where all of that was concerned. I mean, like, our careers. Both of us didn't want to hide our relationship but we were both very passionate about our careers.

We still hadn't decided.

Anyway, at one in the afternoon two days later, Lake and I were eating lunch when we heard a knock on our door. Lake got up and answered it.

I heard Lake say something so I got up.

I saw two men at the door, one was wearing a tuxedo and was a big guy. The other guy, who was maybe in his forties, was wearing stylish clothes and was still looking pretty attractive.

The stylish guy was saying something to Lake when I came to the door.

"You must be Thatcher, I am Alex Stacy of Rocket Records here in L.A." He said. I was excited. It didn't take someone smart to realize what they were doing here.

"He wants to give us both a record deal." Lake whispered in my ear. My eyes bulged.

"What?! Oh my God! Yes!" I said. Mr. Alex Stacy grinned. Lake put his hand on my side to calm me. Mr. Stacy noticed.

He lost his grin and cleared his throat.

"Yes, I was made aware of your relationship." He said I felt Lake get tense. "I will gladly give you both record deals but, you cannot let the public know you two are together. If you do, I will cancel both of you record deals. I promise you it's for you own good. In here, you can be the cutest couple, in fact, I support it, my son is gay so is his boyfriend. But to the public you are more interesting if you are depicted as straight." He went on to explain what Ronda explained. My heart sank. I didn't want to hide my relationship with Lake.

He was my true and only love.

I loved him more than anything.

Lake took the papers the other guy had and they were both on their way. Lake closed the door and turned to me. I hugged him and he held me close.

"I don't want to hide us." I said on the verge of tears, naturally. Lake hugged me tighter.

"I know. I don't either." He said. He kissed the top of my head. We stayed in that position until we kissed and went back to our lunch, talking about our options and a plan.

Afterwards, Violet came over to look at the contracts. She brought Zack and his best friend... drum roll please... Sean! Good ole, Sean. I hated life sometimes. When Sean walked in the door, my heart stopped. He came in with that super awful but kinda cute smirk that needed to be beaten off with a shovel.

We sat at the dining room table.

While Violet read through the contracts, Lake and I am told her what Mr. Stacy told us. She thought it was as horrible as we did.

"So you guys can't be a couple in public anywhere?" Zack asked. We nodded to signify it was true.

"That is so stupid." Violet said. Everyone agreed. Why wouldn't they? God! Why did things like this happen?!

We filled out the paperwork and Violet told us that she'd return the contracts and call us when everything was good.

Lake walked Violet out to her car, even though Zack and Sean were with her. I went to the kitchen to start cleaning the dishes when the door opened. I walked towards the door and a pair of hands grabbed me before a pair of lips crashed against mine.

I pushed my kisser away and realized it was Sean.

I punched him in the face and yelled at him to leave.

Sean looked at me angrily.

"If you speak of this I will make sure your whole career, your's and Lake's, is completely ruined." He threatened. I screamed at him angrily and he left. I counted to twenty and went back to washing the dishes.

When Lake came back I was relieved.

   All I needed was him and I wanted everyone to know that.