Chapter 8

Sorry for the cliff hanger... okay, not really. Lol. I hope you are enjoying this book. Remember to like and share. And PLEASE tell me if I make any kind of technical mistake, it's gonna kill me if I see one I missed so I'd rather get that outta the way. Enjoy! :) :) :)

***

   I ran down the stairs after Grayson.

   He burst through the front door with me right behind him. I was laughing. Grayson was laughing. He looked back at me with a smile. We both knew he wasn't going to beat me.

   I ran faster so that we were neck and neck.

   I smiled and ran just a little bit faster so that was in front of him. I looked back to see Grayson whizz by me like the wind.

   I made it to the pond, where the girls were, just as Grayson got there.

   "You lose." Grayson clarified with his hands on his hips and breathing hard. He wore a big smile.

   "Are you okay there?" Paige asked Grayson. "Don't break a lung old man."

   Grayson turned to her dramatically.

   "Please enlighten us on your definition of 'broken lung.'" Grayson responded. Paige just scoffed and turned away.

   "We have a rule, Thatcher." Violet said. She made her face look like she was about to tell me I had cancer. "The douche bag licker has to get in first."

   Everybody laughed. Even I let out laugh. Just the way she said it was funny. I pointed my finger at her.

   "Fine." I said. It wasn't cold outside. In fact, it was actually really warm for that time of year. I took my shoes and socks off. They were all just looking at me.

   "How about, someone goes and gets me a towel?" I suggested. Taylor started to go inside to get my towel, but she stopped.

   "I kinda want to see you strip a little." She laughed, which made everyone else laugh, naturally. I scoffed and took my shirt off.

   Grayson whistled.

   Truth be told, I don't do much but I have a really nice body. I just can't help it. I'm naturally tan and I'm skinny enough to have abs. I'll even admit that I do a quick "work out" a couple times a week because my mom used to.

   I put my shirt with my shoes.

   I was grinning, I knew I just blew their minds.

   "Okay ladies, I'm taking my pants off, so, be cool." I unzipped my pants and pulled them down. I was wearing under wear, I promise. Paige screamed dramatically. "Oh, yeah, really funny."

   I ran and jumped as far as I could into the pond.

   I'll admit, it was kinda cold.

   I heard another splash a minute later.

   It was Grayson.

   Paige followed with Taylor right behind her. Clara took a little bit longer, but she jumped in, too.

   Now that was fun.

   We swam for a few minutes to get use to the water until we started talking, which turned into an argument between Grayson and Paige. We all know what happened from there.

   World War Splash.

   Some of us were laughing.

   Some of us were choking.