Chapter 27

*Lake Ryan's Point of View*

-One Day Earlier

The sound of my alarm woke me up. I listened to it for all least thirty seconds before I even summoned the motivation to grab my phone to turn it off. After I finally did turn it off, I checked the time to make sure I was on schedule.

It was five in the morning.

Thatcher's plane didn't leave until eight but I want to make sure I got to tell him goodbye. I smiled when I thought of Thatcher. He was perfect.

I eventually got up and took a shower.

My mom thought I was going to go to school but she was going to be surprised. I didn't care. I was going to have a busy day and I wasn't going to let her make it more stressful. After I took a shower I got dressed and brushed my teeth. Half an hour later I was out the door.

I knew which airport they were going to, I'd been there, I knew it was only an hour away from Nashville. Once I got to the outskirts of Nashville I found a coffee shop and ordered myself a couple coffees. Yes, I freaking loved coffee.

The drive was peaceful except for my singing.

I'm told I'm a pretty good singer.

Anyway, I got in a traffic jam going to the airport. It was already almost 7:30. I was freaking out. I would feel horrible if I didn't get to be able to say goodbye to my boyfriend. I would miss him so much. Sure we wouldn't have been able to see each other all week, you know, like usual but if anything happened to Thatcher I was only an hour and a half away.

He was going to L.A.

Freaking Los Angeles. I couldn't protect him there. I was going to be super stressed for a whole week. Which scared me. This one boy held so much effect over me. Thatcher Grey could literally determined my thinking and my actions. God, I was such a chump.

I got to the air port at 7:52.

By the time I got inside I was freaking out completely. I searched the crowd for my beautiful faced soul mate. I hoped his plane hadn't left yet.

It was 7:55.

I looked in just the right place at just the right time and saw Thatcher. I shouted his name out of excitement. He looked my way, his eyes basically made my heart stop. I rushed over to him.

I wrapped my arms around his smaller but still muscular frame. I held him to me and felt the world fall into place. I couldn't help but kiss him. I knew he didn't like showing affection in public but he needed to know I loved him.

"Do you really think I would've let you leave without saying goodbye?" I asked Thatcher. He gave me that cute look like he was thinking about me. The thing about Thatcher was how unbelievably attractive he was. His eyes were a blue green, probably one of the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen. Ever. His skin was so smooth and perfectly tan. He had a chiseled chin and his boyish cheek bones were barely noticeable.

His lips were to die for.

They had an almond shape to them but they were perfectly shaped and had the cutest pink color to them that contrasted with his skin tone just enough to make anyone want to touch them. Everything about Thatcher was perfect.

"Of course not." He responded. I breathed in; I was trying to control myself. I had to kiss him again. I just had to.

I put my lips into his perfect ones.