Chapter One: Cupcake Pancakes and A Birthday Girl

Beep beep beep beep came the annoying mono toned high pitched screeching sound of Kataras old alarm clock. She felt around the mountain of old blanket she was engulfed in to find the origin of the pestering noise that had awoken her from her deep slumber.
"Mphuhgh" Katara grumbled a meaningless sound as she began to slowly regain her senses. "Shut UP!" She shouted as Katara finally found her alarm clock and slammed the button called snooze. "That's better" she muttered stifling a loud yawn and slowly snuggling back into her comfy warm bed. Just as she was finally starting to fall back into her slumber she heard the door slowly open. Katara heard the creaking of the old oak attic floorboards and the small giggles of a child.
"Shhhh...." A little girls voice said. "Daddy said to surpwise katawa."
"Like you was making any less noise then me." Whispered another little girl haughtily as their footsteps grew louder and closer.
"Boo!" Katara abruptly sat up and yelled at her two twin sisters who then screamed and ran out of her room and rushed down from the attic screeching as if there was monsters on their tail.
"Daddyy!!" Half screeming half crying one of her sister called out as Katara simply laughed her head off her blue eyes twinkling with mischief. Katara slowly eased her small 5'6 frame out of bed. And she made her way to her dresser grabbing her turquoise glasses where they lay by a picture of a beautiful lady. She had short black hair and grey eyes, her mouth twitched in a smile of amusement as she stared at the young girl beside her. The 14 year old was dressed in a turquoise sundress with a metallic belt with her arm encircled around the woman besides her.  Two young babies sat in a stroller behind both of them. Katara sighed and turned off snooze on her alarm clock. Her long black hair was ratted and being held precariously on the top of her head in messy bun. She slowly made her way downstairs in her pajamas to where she knew her dad was making breakfast. On the way she met up with two young girls both holding their respectable choices of stuffed animals. The one on the right held a black dog with its nose peeling with age and a ratted tail. The one on the left held a brown twin of the dog.
"Daddy says that you need to apowagize to us." The one on the right said sniffling as she hugged her dog close to her purple princess gown she was currently wearing. Her long brown hair held a tiara on top and she was wearing matching purple plastic heels.
"Awww Allison you know that I was only playing right?" Katara said and she picked the girl up in an embrace. "You and Ally mean the world to me." Katara direct her her sentence to the girl on her left picked her up and spun her around. She currently held her brown dog under her arm and was dressed in leggings and a tank top. Her medium length brown hair tied up in a high pony. "Now,". Katara began and put her hands on the two little 5 year olds shoulders. "Let's go grab ourselves some of my Birthday breakfast shall we my favorite trouble making sisters?" And they finished their descent into the kitchen where Katara saw her dad's brown hair and dark skinned body close to the stove. His blue eyes intently skimmed the cookbook as he flipped a perfect pancake in the pan.
"Daddy!" Her sisters screamed besides her. Katara's dad turned around and embraced the incoming ambush of little girls.
"Well how are my little twin troublemakers." He exclaimed ruffling their hair as he expertly flipped another pancake while still trapped in the embrace of her twin sisters Allison and Ally. "And," he said glancing over to Katara "how is my favorite birthday girl?" His blue eyes twinkled. Even so Katara could see past the happy single dad facade to the sorrow filled man whose wife had died leaving him with three daughters. Two 6 month olds who didn't know what had happened and a devastated fourteen year old who missed her mother.
" I'm fine dad," she sighed dramatically, "just so tired" Katara dramatically fell into her chair and began to fake sleep and snore. Her dad laughed and laughed even harder when Ally came over and began to poke Katara.
"Are you awright?" She said worriedly, " Daddy what's wrong with Katawa?" Ally frowned.
"Nothing,". Her dad came over and ruffled Ally's hair ounce more, "It's a teenager thing." He said.
Katara suddenly 'woke up' and fake glared at her dad.
"Well then I never want to be a teenager then daddy." Ally said clearly horror stricken to think that someday she would grow up.
"Me neither!" Allison said as she flaunted over her princess gown and heels. "Whatever Ally does I do to!" She said haughtily. "We a team!" She huffed and put one hand over Ally's shoulder and they sat down on the other side of Katara making sure to make a big plop as they sat down.
"Well you don't have to be a teenager for a long time." Katara whispered to both of her sister secretively. "Dad won't let you ever grow up. That means you have to like boys and get dressed up and more!"
"Are you girls talking about me again?" Their dad questioned and raised and raised his eyebrow at them as he plopped down a plate of steaming pancakes. Not ordinary pancakes but her dad's secret recipe. Cupcake pancakes. (KelseyChristensen Love u girl😉) Katara watched as steam rose from the perfect pile of nummyness. "I swear, I leave you for a second..." Her dad's voice trailed of and he sighed dramatically joining them at the table.
Katara laughed her hair losing stray strands as she wiped tears off her blue eyes full of mischief. "We aren't that much trouble, are we girls?" Katara winked at the twins who were already stuffing their faces with cupcake pancakes.
Her dad sighed again. "I see I'm outnumbered 3:1 here aren't I". He said and began to eat as well. Katara looked at her family content with their normal life. But all of that was about to change.

--------------
Hey guys! So I've decided to start a new book with a whole knew plot. I will still probably be updating the bond but this quality of writing and plot is really taking all my attention right now. Please shout out any ideas or spelling and grammar mistakes.
Remember

Vote
Comment
Share

-Menky100