Cleaning Up

A/N at bottom

Turning back into my human body I walked around the little city. After being on the run for 3 weeks you acquire some bruises and cuts, and you end up pretty dirty. The people gave me weird looks as I passed them but I don't blame them I would give anyone that looks like I do now a funny look. I was having a good time all up until I felt a firm hand on my shoulder stopping me.

"Come with me miss," ordered a low, gruff voice.

=+=+=

{Ellie's POV}

"Ummm.... who are you?" I ask to the figure behind me.

"Oh, sorry if I scared you, my name is Officer Michaels, South Carolina PD, what's your name?", asked the officer.

"I... my name... " I trailed off wondering if I should tell him my name. What if I told him my name and he knew about Barracks 14? Surely not, it's a high security military "center" ...right? They wouldn't tell everyone to be on watch for a girl who escaped prison because she turned into a bird ...right?

"Miss what is your name?" he said pulling me from my mental battle.

"Oh, Ellie... my name is Ellie Grace Anderson" I responded mentally cursing myself.

"Ok then Miss Ellie would you mind coming to the station so I can further question you?"

"I guess so"

=+=
"Ok what we are going to do,", spoke the officer,"is put you in a foster home. But until we find the right one I'll have my intern take you to the foster care center. They will have a place you can stay until we find the right family for you."
=+=

"Thanks for driving me." I said getting out of the car.

"No problem. All we have to do is get you signed up at the front desk and then you will get called into a room to fill out a form saying what you like and dislike and more stuff like that." she replied walking me up to the front desk.

Behind the front desk sat a short female receptionist.

"Hi! What can I do for you tonight?", greeted the receptionist.

"I need to get Miss Ellie registered into the foster system."

"Ok, are you Ellie?" she asked looking at me.

"Yes ma'am."

"What I need you to do is go and sit down while Laura and I fill out the paperwork and wait for your name to be called. Nice to meet you Ellie." the intern told me. I nodded thanking the lady.

As I made my way to the seating area I looked around seeing brightly colored sofas set around a few tables and a clock telling me it's 11:00. I decided to sit on the blue couch because it's my favorite color. I sat alone just thinking about the future. I mean I could get a family!

Then I noticed petite woman walking over to me.

"Hello, you must be Ellie,"she said sleepily, "I'm Holly. I will be helping you for the next week until you get put into a foster home.", ok so her name is Holly, "Before we both fall asleep follow me and you will take a short survey that will help us place you into the right foster home."

=+=

By the time the survey was over it was around midnight so Holly walked me to my room giving me key. The first thing I did was look around noticing a bathroom deciding to take a shower.
It took me about an hour to get all the mud, dirt, twigs, and anything else that was in my crazy thick hair. Did I mention that it's thick and curly? Anyways I decided to try to sleep. Whenever I try to sleep I end up getting really bad nightmares hopefully it would be different tonight, I mean things are going pretty well, and it might help that this time I'm actually sleeping in a real bed.
=+=+=+=
A/N
I'm so sorry that I'm just updating now. My cousins are in town and I have to be a thing called social. Gross. But anyway I'm already writing the next chapter.
Vote comment and happy reading!