A sighting?

Rain's pov

I sunk into my seat and hoped Michael and Calum didn't talk to me. Val was texting on her phone while I just sat there.

"So do you think Luke will make up with her?" Calum asked while glancing at Michael. This definitely got my attention. I shoved Val's arm and motioned for her to listen in. She locked her phone and say forward some.

"I hope so. She makes him happy and he's all pissy about her not letting him know what she looks like." Michael snorts before shaking his fringe.

"I wish he would tell us her name though. He said she's from Sydney. What if we went to school with her? Hell we could be friends with her!" Calum exclaims, before running his hand through his hair. I look at Val worriedly before she unlocks her phone. I watch her open notes and I know she's going to talk to me through there.

Val: are they talking about you R?
Me: yeah they are...I'm worried
Val: everything is gonna be okay
Me: I hope so.
Val: are you going to tell Luke you seen him?
Me: fuck no omg !!!
Val: no rain, you have to! what if you guys get close and he finds out that you seen him and he get mad because you didn't say anything?!
Me: good point...
Val: you better do it. don't screw this up Rain. I can see this going places.
Me: sure Val. I'll text him after he tells me he's not mad anymore
Val: okay

I sigh before I pull my own phone out. Our teacher was surprisingly late today. I had a few texts from Luke surprisingly. I gasp before whacking Valerie on the arm and showing her my lock screen.

"Open them, bitch!" Val yells at me, causing Michael and Calum to turn around. I smile sheepishly at them before unlocking my phone and opening Luke's messages.

Luke: I'm not mad rain

Luke: I was just being petty and wasn't going to answer until you sent me a picture

Luke: I'm sorry I made you worry

Luke: but I was right about one thing

Me: and that is?

Luke: you're hot ;-)

Luke: you don't hate me do you?

Me: would I be talking to you right now if I did?

Luke: tru

Me: Luke I need to tell you something

Luke: gtg my teacher is taking phones later bub

Me: okay fine

Me: don't get mad when I tell you later because you made me wait

Me: bye Luke

"He wasn't even mad at me, just being petty." I whine to Val who was actually talking to Calum.

"Who was being petty?" Michael ask's, looking suspicious.

"Her older brother. He's back from college and Rain called him a bitch and he wouldn't text her back." Val laughed. I nodded before shooting her a small grin before turning back to Michael. Just as he was about to say something, our teacher walked in. Time to start this long and boring day.