Malum: Beach Day

Hey guys 😁 So, I know I have been on much. I've been busy with school and now I am pretty bust with my AP classes for next year. But I remembered a request someone asked me to do, so I did it. Sorry if it's crap, but here you go!
----------------------------------------------------

Request: Can you write a Malum one where Michael is insecure about the pudge he has?

Triggers: Some self loathing, mentions of future anorexia. Please don't read if you are triggered easily

Enjoy 😚

Being in 5 Seconds of Summer was fun and all, but the boys felt like they hardly got a break. They put up with it though because all of their fans and how much they love them made it all worth while. Sometimes, though, they need a day off.

"Hey guys," Ash said, walking onto the tour bus that's currently in New Jersey, "I think today would be the perfect day to go to the beach. I mean, we still have tomorrow off, too, but the weather doesn't look so great tomorrow."

Luke poked his head out from his bunk where he was laying, "I'm down, what about you guys?" He asks, looking at Mikey and Calum sitting together on the couch. "I'm don't care what we do, I just wanna get off this bus," Calum said, looking at Mikey.

Michael shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "I think I'll just stay here," he spoke softly, "You guys go have fun, I don't mind."

"Aw Mikey, come on! It will be good for you to get out in the sun, get your vitamin D for the day and maybe you'll tan so you don't look like a marshmellow!" Ashton joked, but Mikey took it the wrong way. He crossed his arms over his stomach and sat up straighter so none of the boys would see his skin rolls that he thought he had.

Calum saw the movement and the look of sadness on Mikey's face, but made no comment. "C'mon Mike, you don't even have to come into the water with us, you can just lay on the beach in your swim trunks," Calum tried to comfort him, but to no avail. Luke came out from the bunks with no shirt on and his black and white floral swim trunks on.

"No," Michael said firmly, "I said I didn't want to go. What part of that escapes your understanding?" He snapped and left to go lay in his bunk. He really wanted to go swimming, but he didn't want to look like a beached whale while doing so.

Another reason he wants to go is to see Calum without his shirt on. You see, Michael had a crush on Calum, but no one knew. He couldn't trust a single soul with his secret, no after what happened last time in highschool.

*Flashback*

Fifteen year old Michael had gone up to his crush, a black haired, blue-eyed beauty named Alex.

"Hey, Alex, can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked politely. Alex gave his friends a weird look and said, "Um, sure. Give me a minute guys." His friends walked away, and this made Mikey nervous.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Mikey was frozen in place, but his hands felt clammy, his face hot. "Uh-um, I was-uh wondering if you- um- maybe wanted to go out with m-me Friday?"

Alex gave him a horrified look, "As in a date? Ew, hell no, I'm not gay. Get away from me, disgusting fag." Tears started to pool in Mikey's eyes, his face contorted into a look of anger mixed with regret. He then knew he was screwed for the rest of high school because Alex and his friends had told the entire school that Michael was gay.

But later that year, Mikey had met Calum, Luke, and the year after, Ashton and since then, the four were almost inseperable. They didn't mind that Mikey was gay, no matter what anyone told them.

But as Calum and Mikey became closer, Michael started falling hard and fast for Calum, but he didn't know what to do, and telling Calum about his crush was out of the question.

*End of flashback*

Michael could hear the three talking, but wasn't able to make out anything of what they were saying. He then felt the bus shaking due to their footsteps and the door to the tour bus closed. Mikey then knew is was okay to cry because they were gone and they wouldn't be back for a few hours.

He looked down at his 'My Chemical Romance' tee and decided to take it off, looking at his pasty rolls he had while slouching over.

Truth be told, Mikey wasn't fat, but he wasn't the skinnier either. He was healthy and he never really cared about his weight until the band became famous and all the girls were all over Ash, Luke and Calum.

Even though he didn't like women, it would have been a confidence booster to know that people found him attractive.

He began pinching his stomach, wondering what he could do to get rid of this weight. He started mumbling to himself, "Maybe I should exercise more, or not eat a lot all the time. Or maybe I should just starve myself for a while. Yeah, just until I'm skinny enough and then maybe Calum would find me attractive." After he said that, the door to the bunks flung open, Michael moved his arms to cover his stomach and sucked it in as much as he could.

"Why? Why would you want to starve yourself? You're not fat, Michael, not fat at all. Is that why you didn't want to go to the beach with us? You were going to sit here and pick out every one of your insecurities? And if you liked me, why did the you just tell me? Why don't you ever talk to anyone about what's running through your head?"

Calum wasn't angry at Michael, he just couldn't believe how low he thought of himself.

"You want to know why I didn't tell you that I liked you?" Michael started, feeling tears start to burn at the back of his eyes. "Remember the last time I told someone I liked them? They called me a fag, made fun of me in front of the entire school, they made me ashamed to be myself. That's why I never told you. And I could never imagine loosing you, Calum. You're my best friend and if I lost you, I don't know what I'd do. I know you told me it's alright to be gay, but you never said anything about how you would feel if I hit on you. That's why I never said anything." When Mikey was finished, he was softly wiping tears from under his eyes, his back turned to Calum to hide all his insecurities.

"Mikey," Cal mumbled, "I would never make fun of you. Out of all the years we've been friends, you should have known that. And you know what, you're stronger than me."

"H-How am I stronger than you? I can't even look you in the eye right now, how is that strength?"

"You had the strength to come out, Michael. When you were fifteen, you decided to tell the world about yourself, while I'm here, twenty, and no one knows that I'm gay, too."

Michael turned his head a bit to look at Calum. All Cal could see was all the disbelief on Mikey's face. "You're gay? You aren't fucking with me?" "No, Mikey. I'm not fucking with you, and I really like you. You aren't fat, not in the slightest and even if you think you are, at least I have more of you to love. If you want to loose some weight, we'll do it the healthy way."

Mikey stood, shocked. "Calum, I-I don't know what to say..." "Say yes. Say yes to a date with me tomorrow and say yes to going to the beach today, because I'd love to see you truly happy and not hiding anything."

Michael turned fully around, and slowly walked to Calum, pulling him in for a hug. "Thank you, Cal. You've always been here for me. And now, if you want, you can be here for me always. And I'll be here for you, too. Will you do me the honor of becoming your boyfriend?"

"Mikey, you're such a sop," Calum whispered in his ear. "Of course." They both tilt their heads and their lips meet in a soft, luxurious kiss. Mikey whined when they pulled apart and watched Calum walk over to their bags. He pulled something out of his bag and threw it at Mikey's face. A dark blue pair of swimming trunks. A smile spread itself across Michael's face and he walked into the bathroom to change.

A/N: There you have it. Sorry if it wasn't what you were looking for, Writeroftomorrow.

Any other requests are welcome, I want to get back into writing, but I'm gonna need some ideas. Thank you!!

❤Katie❤