Chapter 6

ERIC

“Do you want me to walk you home?” I asked Tracy, keeping up my ‘good boy’ act, since I know she would deny, like most of the girls would.

Mom arrived minutes later and gave Tracy a little snack before leaving.

“Yeah. Sure. Whatever.” She simply replied while she was crouched down, fixing her stuff.

I just nodded, acting as if I understood the reason girls would say… wait what? She said yes? She’s definitely different from the others.

Great. Now I have to endure walking a girl home for minutes.

But I’m not entirely sure if she said yes.

“Let’s go?” she asked me, standing up and facing me.

Okay now I’m sure she said yes.

I just nodded, following her outside.

“Take care!” mom shouted at us before we closed the door.

---

For the past 5 to 10 minutes or so, we stayed quiet, me walking just behind her. This is too weird for me. But I don’t know what to say. Girls usually start a conversation with me. Not the other way around.

I’m going to try, I guess.

“So… how far is it?” I caught up to her, now walking by her side.

“It’s a 20 minute walk.”

She sounds bored. Face palm. I am so bad at this.

A game! It could be a nice way of not getting bored-ish. Ugh. No one ever gets bored around me!

“Why not…” I tried, “let’s play “This or That”?”

“Okay.” She shrugged. Darn.

Note to self: no foul questions. This is another ‘good girl.’

“Coffee or tea?” I started the game.

“Tea. Coffee’s too bitter for me.”

“Coffee’s better!” I protested.

“Too bitter.” She simply stated, shaking her head slightly.

And that started our debate on every opposite answer we give. There was still a good number of things we agree to also.

She’s actually a fun person to be with. I think I might get this girl’s feelings.

I think 10 minutes has passed so quickly and I think she’s getting comfortable around me.

“Trace?” an unfamiliar voice to me speaks from behind. We both turn around and see Desmond. Great.

He ran and caught up with us, placing himself in between us. Really? Low move, bro.

“Hi, Des.” Tracy smiled at him and we continued walking, with Desmond.

“What are you two doing, walking alone?” Des questioned us. I smell jealousy. Haha.

“He asked me if I wanted a walk home… and I said yes…” Tracy answered… guiltily?

“You could always give me a call, you know.”

“I’m sorry. I just thought that after what happened last night, you wouldn’t talk to me.” Tracy started shuffling her feet.

“It’s not your fault anyway.” Desmond ‘smiled’ and placed one of his arms around Tracy’s shoulders.

“But she liked it.” I smirked, replacing his arm with mine.

“No, I did not.” She lied as she removed my arm around her shoulders.

After that, we walked in complete silence.

We finally reach Tracy’s house. Everyone stays still. No one talks nor moves.

So I make the first move.

I turn around and start to walk.

---

TRACY

What the hell? He walks me home, we had a fun time, and then he leaves me without even saying goodbye? Sounds so him to me.

“Wanna go inside?” I asked Des with a warm and welcoming smile.

“No.” he said flatly and lowly, not facing me then leaving.

Des seems… angry? He isn’t usually like this. He never ignores me.

He walks me home willingly then he acts mad at me?

Ugh. What is happening?

I continue walking our stoned pathway and enter our home.

I notice Travis is busy with his phone, pressing buttons here and there, with… a smile on his face?

“Uh, hey?” I tried to get his attention.

No response.

I walk and stop in front of him.

“He-e-ey!” I sing-sung to him while waving my hands in front of his face.

He finally looks up from his phone and notices me. “Oh hey!” He greeted cheerily.

“What’s with all the smiles? It’s creeping me out.” I frowned.

“Oh, nothing.” He grinned.

“Tell me!”

“Nope.”

“Oh come on, it couldn’t be that much of a big deal.” I crossed my arms at him.

“Just telling my friends about the new chick moving right behind our house.” He finally answered.

“A new neighbour?” I made sure.

“Yup. A hot one.” He added.

“Ugh.” I rolled my eyes at him and slapped his arm.

“You asked what it was all about.” He raised his arms in defence.

“Whatever.”

---