Chapter 5

TRACY

“Hi, Mrs. Thomson.” I smiled at her.

“Please, just Vivian. Seriously Tracy, no need to be formal around me.” She laughed a bit.

“Okay. Hi, Vivian.” I did a take two, grinning.

She tittered a bit before replying, “Katie’s in her room. I’m going to leave now. Bye.”

“Byee.” I sung before closing their door after she got out.

I made my way upstairs and went inside Katie’s room.

I decided to be quiet and sneak-up to her since her door was just open. I used silent footsteps and stopped next to her door to check if she’ll go out. She doesn’t.

“Bo,” Thud. My shout of boo was cut by bumping into someone. Weird. Katie can’t be this tall. I flushed when I looked up and my eyes met with green amused eyes. Eric.

“What were you supposed to do, Lawrence?” he smirked.

“I was supposed to surprise Katie.” I mumbled, looking at my now pretty-at-the-moment sneakers and taking a step back. But before I could get some space between us, Eric snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. “Why… uhm… why are you here?” I asked, trying to push him away.

He just shrugged before adding, “Why don’t you babysit me?” he smirked when I finally got out of his grip because he loosened it and saw the clearly annoyed look on my face.

I was supposed to slap him but was interrupted by Katie butting in. I almost forgot she was here. “Are you two together?” she squealed excitedly and jumped out of her soft lavender bed and ran to hug me.

I was supposed to say no until Eric beat me to it, saying the exact opposite. “Yup.”

“He’s lying, Katie. Don’t follow his steps. Liars go to hell.”

“Oh really?” Eric snorted before placing his arm around me and pulling me close.

“Really.” I shot daggers through my eyes at him. If I could kill by looks, I would’ve massacred this guy.

“Let’s just go, Katie.” I held her hand and led her outside, towards the living room.

“Hey, let me join the fun.” Eric complained slash tormented me.

“N,” my no way was cut by Katie nodding her head, with a huge grin on her face and answering a sweet “Okay.”

Yay. Can’t wait to have fun. Not.

“What do you even do with this thing?” Eric held up a doll, raising one eyebrow.

“Whatever you want them to do.” Katie answered. “That’s Cindy you’re holding.” She added.

“They even have names?”

“Well duh!”

“It’s just plastic.” Eric threw Cindy, making her fall to the floor.

“Eric! Why did you do that?” Katie lectured him while picking Cindy up and fixing her hair. “Say sorry.” She urged him to apologize to the doll, holding it up to his face.

“Whatever.” He muttered, pushing the doll back to Katie.

Fine! Just leave us alone!” Katie yelled as loud as she can.