Chapter 3

TRACY

“We so need to get you ready for the party.” Les demanded after I told her that I’ll go to the party tomorrow since she decided to visit me.

I just continued reading the book I was currently glued to, not bothering to listen to her long list of things to be done for my first party. Among all of my friends, I was the most invisible. They got along well with some of the people while I just hide in a dark corner, nowhere to be seen.

“Let’s go!” Les squealed after her rant, pulling me so that I could stand, causing the book in my hand fall to the floor.

“Where?” I frowned, seeing the fallen book, picking it up.

To the mall.” She answered like I was dumb.

I just groaned and moved slowly on auto-pilot when she held out the clothes she picked for me to wear, not bothering to check it.

---

I was about to protest about what she chose for me after I got out of my bathroom but she cut me off, said goodbye to my parents and forced me into her car.

“Let me go!” I yelled when I tried to open the door, but apparently Les turned on the safety lock. She just locked me in the passenger seat. What a move.

“Nope.” Les denied, popping the ‘p’ when she got in the driver’s seat.

“But this is too short!” I pointed at the skirt she chose for me. It was my first time wearing it. It was a gift from a relative.

“No it is not. You’re just not used to wearing skirts. It looks good on you.” She lectured-slash-complemented me while she started to drive.

I just huffed and forcefully sat back.

---

“This is so weird.” I shook my head then rested it on my crossed arms on the table we were sat at.

“I told you it looks good on you.” Les grinned from the chair opposite to me.

I was about to swat her but she dodged it. I have been checked-out by a lot of guys for my liking for the past minutes.

“Okay, since we’re done eating, let’s get to the fun part.” She grinned mischievously.

“No…” I groaned.

“Let’s go!” she pulled me, making me stand up and follow her against my will.

---

“This one.” Les held out the hundredth dress.

“I already told you, I am not going to wear a dress.” I crossed my arms and turned my back to her.

“Take a good look first!” she pleaded as she went to my front and held out the dress.