20 - GOSSIP GIRL

Aria threw her phone onto the coffee table in a fit of anger, grumbling profanities under her breath. She flopped down onto the couch as she heard Kit approach and sit down beside her.

"I take it you've read the slice of bullshit that has been published both online and in all the magazines?" Aria spoke, eyeing Kit's phone as he sat it down on top of the magazine. With a small sigh Kit nodded, a raven curl falling into his eye. "I'm sorry Aria." He apologised sheepishly. "Maybe I shouldn't have posted that photo."

Aria shook her head at Kit's words, her anger still evident due to the crease between her eyebrows. "Kit you did nothing wrong. This is some next level Gossip Girl shit. Am I serena or Blair?" She pouted and the corners of Kit's lips turned up. "Definitely Blair." He replied and Aria cracked a small smile before it fell from her face.

"Sebastian isn't talking to me Kit. He seriously thinks that there's something going on between you and I. He thinks that I would lie to him and it's breaking my heart." Aria told her best friend who in response wrapped his arms around her as she curled into his chest.

"Sebastian will come around Aria, he'd be a fool not to." Kit assured her and Aria's nose crinkled. "What do you mean by that?" She questioned and yet again Kit sighed.

"Aria you are kind, beautiful, talented and funny and if Sebastian thinks that you're lying to him then he's simply stupid. Or maybe he's blind, because if he looked a little closer he would see that the ring was on your middle finger." Kit continued and Aria nodded in agreement at his final sentence, not commenting on the compliments that he had given her because doing so would make her feel uncomfortable and awkward. She didn't really handle compliments well.

"Chris got the ring for me the day I got the call saying I got the part of Clary Fray in the mortal instruments." Aria elaborated to prove the accuracy of his point.

"See? We've done nothing wrong. You are my best friend and if Sebastian doesn't see that we are nothing more than platonic then he doesn't deserve you."

Aria pursed her lips as her head rested against Kit's chest, his body heat radiating off him. "Now you're speaking of him and I in a romantic context."

Aria felt Kit shrug. "So what? You seem to like him, and he did seem to like you. Either way you're stuck with each other for the next few months and you're characters do get very very close."

Aria groaned in annoyance and Kit laughed. Aria's phone dinged a moment later alerting her of a notification. Another ding followed, followed again by several more. She quickly reached over and grabbed her phone, her jaw slackening as she read through the comments that had been left on the photo that she had posted a day earlier.

Kit leaned over her shoulder and his brown eyes glanced at the words left by many different people.

"Holy shit." He swore.

-

ariaevans:let's go to the supermarket he said

ariaevans:let's go to the supermarket he said. It'll be fun he said. He didn't say he'd make me carry all the bags. @chrisevans

46.9K LIKES
2.5K COMMENTS

chrisevans: lmao what did you expect lil sis?

ariaevans: for you not to be such a little shit @chrisevans

chrisevans: come back later and try again.

ariaevans: bitch @chrisevans

chrisevans: jerk

ariaevans: okay you're forgiven now @chrisevans

chrisevans: supernatural to the rescue again 😎

username: awww sibling goals

username: you should be ashamed of yourself. Fooling around with Kit behind Sebastian's back.

username: you're disgusting.

username: fugly.

username: ew you bitch you probably ate all the fucking food.

username: @imsebastianstan you don't need this bitch in your life.

username: @kitharington @ariaevans the two of you disgust me.

username: @kitharington i thought you had better taste that two faced sluts.

username: lmao go die.

username: wtf is that hair style?? It's as ugly as your face.

username: @chrisevans sorry that you have to have such a bitch as a twin. Much love xox

username: @username we all know who the better evans and it's not this slut.

-

Kit grabbed Aria's phone out of her hands, not allowing her to read anymore of those disgusting comments. He scrolled through the page himself, seeing many death threats and people telling her to kill herself. It was disgusting and the entire situation had gotten out of hand. People reacted much too quickly to a mere rumour and they sat behind a screen typing these horrendous things, not thinking of the consequences.

Standing up, Aria snatched her phone out of Kit's hands, her jaw clenched. "Aria don't -" Kit began but Aria hushed him as she began to walk towards the door. "Aria where are you going?"

Looking over her shoulder, Aria stared at her best friend and Kit could see the fury inside her eyes. She wasn't upset by these comments, she was angry. And that was Aria Evans and she did not back down easily.

"To talk to Sebastian." She said simply and slammed the door behind her.