19. The Dark Side

Dedicated to MeShu_ and ilovechocolates005, for finding the story interesting. ;) :D
________________________________

Chapter 19 The Dark Side

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

• • •

"I parked your car in the garage." Andrew said, slipping into the driver's seat. "Make sure you take it before you leave."

"Yeah, like I will forget my car." Mallory scoffed. "Dumbass."

"I would really appreciate it if you keep your words to yourself for next couple of hours." He said.

Mallory pulled out her tongue.

As Andrew turned the key, the engine started and they hit the road. She increased the volume of radio which played some random jazz song. She crinkled her nose and changed the frequency. Finally, she set upon the one that was playing a Taylor Swift song. Settling back in the seat, she stretched her hands and closed her eyes, letting the wind from the window rustle her hair.

After half an hour of constant silence, she was about to say something but stopped short instead. She started fidgeting with her dress. She shifted in her seat, once, twice, thrice...

"Okay, say it." Andrew said, glaring at her because of her continuous shuffling.

"No thanks." Mallory said. "I can control myself."

"Clearly, you cannot."

"Jeez. If you really want me to speak. Tell me to." Mallory raised her hands in surrender. "Fine. I will speak. Happy, now?"

Andrew rolled his eyes. Yeah, I am happy.

"So, yeah. I am getting bored." She said.

"So?"

"Entertain me." She said in 'duh' tone.

He gave her a dirty look. "What should I do? Dance?"

"That would be awesome." She said and clapped her hands in mock enthusiasm.

He glared.

"Okay, just don't kill me with those looks." She smirked. "Come on, I will start the conversation."

"Of course." He sighed.

"So..." Mallory muttered tapping her nail on her phone. "Tell me something about yourself?"

"Like?"

"I don't know. Um...where did you live earlier?" She suggested.

"Paris." He replied shortly.

"Paris?!? You were in Paris? Wow, I love Paris." She said excitedly.

"You been there?"

"Nope. But I have heard. The city of love and everything. I wanna go there some day. Maybe, if you are lucky, I might just ask you to give me a tour." She winked.

"I would be honoured." He muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes.

"You are French?"

"Obviously not." He said. "I was in a Boarding school there."