"Okay okay! Fine. I'm sorry, Monica." He chuckled.

I smile. "I forgive you, Alex." I said.

There was a silence for a moment before Alex spoke up again. "I'm surprised you're calling me."

I chuckled. "Me too." I admitted.

"Well, it's great to see you had doubts too." He says sarcastically.

I laughed, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Would you like to hang out?" Alex asked.

"Sure. Where to?" I asked him.

"You'll find out when we get there. I'll come pick you up at twelve. Is that okay?"

"Yeah." I say and told him my adress.

When it was finally was twelve, I spotted his car out in my grandma's frontyard. I told Nanna where I was headed.

Before I could leave, she took my hand. "Is that the young man you were crying about?" She pointed out the window.

Oh. I never explained to her it was a misunderstanding. "Yes." I muttered, afraid of what she may think. She raised her eyebrows at me, showing her disapproval.

I shook my head. "Uh Nanna, it was all a misunderstanding. He wasn't too blame. It was all Asia's fault." I explained.

She frowned. She was unconvinced. "Don't trust them like that, Monica. Boys, especially the young ones, are all full of lies. Remember what I told you, you will find a man who will treat you like the queen that you are."

"Okay, Nanna." I nodded. I needed to get out of here.

She leaned and kissed me on the cheek. "Don't let him break your heart, my sweet child."

I smiled. "I won't." I walked out and climbed into Alex's car. His head laying on the seat, his headphones were tucked into his ear, and his eyes were closed. He looked so peacefull, I wanted to take a picture.

"Hey Alex. " I said smiling. His eyes flew open and he immediately sat up.

"Shoot!" He looked at me then to the closed door. "When did you get in?"

"Right now." I said with my eyebrows raised.

He groaned. "What's wrong?" I asked.

He looks at me with the saddest face ever. "I wanted to open the door for you to get in."

Awww!!! This is why he was so upset? I laughed at him. He shot me a distressed glare. "It's okay, Alex." I laughed. "It's my fault anyway. I took so long. I'm sorry."

He glared at me again. "For real. I almost fell asleep."

I laughed. "It was my grandma, gosh!" He started to pull away from Nanna's house.

"It didn't know you lived here." He says, looking at the house and the neighborhood around it.

"It don't. " I say.

He gave me a confusing look and drove away. "I'm staying here with my grandma for a week. It's a long story." I clarify for him.

"Oh." Is all he said. There was a silence as he focused on his driving.

"Well, I live pretty close to here."

"Oh okay. You wanna take me?" I joked. He didn't seem to find it funny though. He looked at me for a second, with something in his eyes that I didn't understand. I looked away, a little embarrassed. He seemed to be in a bad mood after my question.