D A Y 3 5

"The strength of
the pack is the wolf
And the strength of
the wolf is the pack."
The Jungle Book

_____

D A Y T H I R T Y F I V E

_____

"READ THE history of love." I slowly lift my head and narrow my eyes at Hunter Angelo. It was currently eight minutes past seven in the morning, meaning I was eight minutes late for work.

"Yeah, I'll read it when I get time." I sigh while I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I steal a quick glance at him noticing he wears a plain white t-shirt paired with ripped jeans and combat boots.

"Now." Why was even up so early?

"Hunter." I sigh a small smile making my way to my lips. "I have to work." I point to the cafe which we were both standing outside. Hunter leans against the red brick wall, as usual.

"Call in sick." He suggests, he wears a sliver chain around his neck. I look closely at it, there's something carved into it but I can't make it out.

"I can't I'm already here."

"Please. You'll love it."

"No." I say finally. How can he expect me to read and not go to work.

"Okay, whatever principessa." With that he shoves his hands in his pockets and saunters off. Not before turning around and sending me a last glance. "Pick you up at six."

______

Letting out a sigh of relief I hang my apron on the rack and take my hair out of my ponytail letting it fall around my waist. "Going somewhere?" I spin around eyes gazing at Quinn.

"Not really." I smirk. "You?" I ask leaning against the lockers crossing my arms over my chest. I watch as he mimics my actions shaking his head as his curly locks fly everywhere.

"You so are, Cole told me you've a date." I narrow my eyes and playfully knock his glasses off the bridge of his nose.

"It's not a date. I don't like Hunter Angelo." I spit out.

"Whatever." Q shrugs and pulls his own apron off. "I know your lying."

I narrow my eyes again. "I don't." And I was speaking the truth. Sure he was nice, good looking, had an aura of mystery around him but I hadn't feelings.

"As you said he's a bad boy. And I don't need anymore trouble." I sigh as I finish up putting away my things and shrug my own jacket over my shoulders.

"Your still coming tomorrow aren't you?" He asks changing the subject. My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I step out into the cold air, the seaside breeze hits the back of my neck and I shiver. "My B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y." He spells out.

Oh.

Shit.

How could I forget.

"Oh yeah. Um definitely." I nod my head maybe a little to quickly. He raises and eyebrow sceptically but doesn't argue.

"It starts at nine but you can come early to help set up if you want." He suggests. Quinn was having a party. He invited some of our other 'not so close' friends from school and probably Cole.