Chapter 6

"I'm your brother."

What? This has to be some type of a joke. We don't even look the same! How the hell are we supposed to be related. But then again he did claim to know about my family that not even Rachel knew.

I looked at him in disgust. If he was my real brother, he would've come to look for me. And for that I know for sure that he isn't my brother.

"Look, I know what you're thinki- "
"You don't know shit about what I'm thinking! And besides if you were my brother you would have at least tried to look for me." I scoffed at him.

Ashton put his hands on my shoulders as a way to try and relax me, which I guess did work. The warmth and sparks that ran through me from just that little touch had calmed my nerves, with a shiver that ran down my spine. I felt his warm breath hit the back of my neck which only made me shiver more as he whispered, "I know it's a lot to take in, but just listen."

I nodded and looked up to meet with Mr. Hemmings hard gaze that was set on Ashton.

"Okay," he gritted his teeth and looked at me, eyes turning soft the minute we locked.

"That night dad left, he took me. I wasn't going to let him hurt you, I wouldn't ever be able to live with myself if he did. So I let him take me instead. I wasn't expecting him to treat me like a king, and believe me- he didn't. Those were practically the worst days of my life. I guess I kind of just gave up, with all those bruises nobody wanted to even look at me. I was a freak to them. That was until Michael; or as you know him to be Mr Clifford - took notice of me and tried to befriend me. In the beginning it was hard because I just wouldn't let him in. But finally I did. I had told him everything, even about us. He probably didn't realize till about a week ago that it was you since I was balling my eyes out in front of him, Mr. Irwin and Mr. Hood." He took a deep breath in, deciding to look down at his suddenly interesting hands.
"Anyway, that's not the point. The point is that dad always spoke shit about you and mom and it had a heavy influence on me. It made me think that he was right - to think that it was all your fault that I was the one being abused then and It was completely all your fault. I know this sounds bad but- Thank god dad had died when I was about fifteen, though I had kept my mind set on what he said. When I came here to teach I just saw you and told myself time and time again that I should make you feel emotionally the way I felt physically. That was the wrong move obviously and- and o-only after t-t-the cruel words I said to you, did I rea-alize that I was wrong a-after all."

By now he was crying. I felt a huge pang of guilt in my chest. I was so... Shocked. I couldn't believe it. He is my brother. I shrugged Mr. Irwin's hands off of my shoulders and walked over to hug Mr. Hem- I mean Luke. He hugged back tightly, sobbing into my chest. I honestly never realized that he actually went through all of that for me. And I thought he was dead, yet he was right underneath my noise.
I rubbed his back comfortingly as he chocked on sobs trying to apologize.
He pulled back, rubbing away his tears and looked at me with a wide smile.
"We have a lot of catching up to do!" He exclaimed in joy. I looked at him with a fond smile. "Guys, hate to break the little chicks flick moment, but Principal Dugley is on her way up." I rolled my eyes at Ashton and hugged Luke, my long lost brother.

"Ahem, what do you think you are doing?"
"Ms Dugley-"
She looked at me then to Luke and back to me.

"My office - Now!"

**********

Twenty minutes later and Luke and I are sat in the principals office, just waiting for her to talk.
It's quite hilarious though because she probably thinks we are having some sort of a thing going on but to be honest, even if we weren't siblings I wouldn't dare think of going near even kissing on the cheek. But since we are brother and sister, I guess he was allowed to give me pecks on my forehead... He used to although he was still young.

"You can either tell me the truth or lie to my face. Are you two in a relationship?" Ma'am snapped me out of my thoughts with her terrifyingly scary voice.

"We were just hugging." Luke shot from my right, earning a death glare from Ms Dugley.

"Ma'am, just to clear this out, Mr. Hemmings -or Luke- is actually my brother. And to be honest , I dont think I would ever date him." I grimaced at the thought and luke punched my arm slightly.

"And how are you two even related?" She raised an eyebrow. I replied to her question since I knew big bro on the right would end up crying again.

"Well you see miss, when we were younger our dad was really abusive, so one night Luke stood up for me so that our dad wouldn't hurt me. My mom managed to get me to a safe place but Luke, unfortunately not. Turns out, dad took him, beat him and abused him. I hoped that he was still out there searching his ass out for me, but he didn't. That was until high school and he started being mean to me because of the heavy influence our dad had on him. He explained to me just that and ended up crying so I hugged him." I shrugged. She didn't look too convinced so I added in.
"If you want witnesses that he is my brother, you could ask Mr. Clifford, Mr. Hood or Mr. Irwin. Don't bother with my mum, she's been a drunked since that day - maybe even before."

"That is really hard to believe Ms. Summers, considering your surnames are different."
"My father forced a change in our surnames." Luke said quickly.

He speaks! Holy cow! (Sarcasm in a way)

"I will contact your mother, maybe pay her a visit and I will also ask all three friends of yours if this is true. You are dismissed." Mrs Dugley waved us away with a really angry expression covering her face as she announced on the intercom for the rest of my bro's friends to head up there. Wished them good luck, sarcasm intended, and left to Luke's.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, I know, BORING!
BUT... I have a reason! I have been preetty distracted with going on dates with my boyfriend Andrew...
*Crowd applauses* *wolf whistles in the back* *me: bowing, "thank you!"*

He is great really.

Any who... Vote. Comment, fan

2 votes and 3 comments for next chapter update (from different lol)

-Tiff xx