* CHAPTER 24 *

We couldn't get through the barrier. No matter how hard we tried. Flame and I kept throwing ourselves at it. As if at some point we could break. I felt some grab the scruff of my neck. "Collect yourself Leah." I recognized Miles cold voice. I stepped back from his gripp. I walked into the woods and changed back to my human form. Changing into a pair of clothes I brought with me. I walked back over to my pack warriors. With a cold look on my face. "Looks like we need more allies." Miles nodded. " Do you know a witch?" Miles nodded again. "Good. We will need her. Since this barrier was made by magic." My insides clinched at the thought of leaving my daughters here. I could see everyone struggling with leaving the pups here. "Miles where is the witch." Miles geastured me to follow him. "She isnt easy to locate." I scowled "Do whatever you need to do." Miles was gone before I could even finish the sentence. Flame was standing off away from everyone with Arron. "Flame Im going to need you to come with me. Some witchs tend to be untrustworthy. Miles will be with us." Aaron looked at the the barrier. "Well one thing I know. Those pups are giving whoever took them a hard time. My brothers will keep your pups safe." Nodding my head i walked off.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

  So what now? Archer asked as we sat in a circle. We have been pranking and causing trouble for everyone in the house. why dont we wait a couple of days? Oakley spoke up. We all turned to him with cofused looks. We have been doing things everyday since we got here. If we wait they become uneasy. then we get them when they dont expect it. Nodding our agreement we began making new plans for the upcoming days. What if we snuck into their office. We might be able to find something. Ryia looked at Archer Its way to risky Archer. Archer shook his head. It might be dangerous but we should look. Ryia shook her head. Looking in my sisters eyes I saw fear. Ryia we can do this. We just need a full proof plan. Ryia looked uneasy but nodded her head in agreement finally. Okay we need to figure out where the office is. We Began planning again as we huddled closer.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

     "This is not what I had in mind when you said New Orleans, Louisiana." Flame huffed out as she swatted away anther bug away. I chuckled at my cousin. " Miles did say the Bayou Flame." Flame glared at me. " Yea he did but not this deep in the Bayou. And he did not mention the fact that we were taking a row boat." I shrugged my shoulders knowing she was right. We glided along in silence. Which the deep Bayou seemed to soak up. It was eerily beautiful here. " Costella will be willing to help us. The only problem we will have is her coming back with us.

  Miles voice seemed to swollow the calm silence. I looked up to see a small home. Most would have called it a shack.  It was beautiful ether way. Flame was looking around as I was with a look of Awe. "Why are you here Miles?" I smelled the pepper of the witch. I sneezed the same time as Flame. "Warewolves? Miles once again I will ask you why are you here?" Once I had settled myself I lifted my head to look at Costella. Her face morphed into confusion as she looked at me. "Tatum?" She whispered. "She looks like her dont she." Miles looked back at me. "So is this?" Miles nodded his head. " Come... I just took out dinner." Miles hooked the boat to the dock and we made our way up. She sat us at a table inside and sat herself. "So Miles mind telling me why you are here?" I spoke up this time. Not wanting to waste anymore time. "We need your help. My daughters and their friends were taken. there is a barrier surrounding the home. Its a strong magic we cant break it down without your help." The women kept staring at me. She shook herself and looked at me with sadness in her eyes. "Sorry I dont mean to stare. Its as if Tatum is sitting here." She looked over at Miles. "How can you be around her?" Miles looked at Costella " Its hard but I have come to learn that she isnt Tatum." All I could do was be quite. I couldn't come up with anything to say. " Why do you keep comparing Leah to her mother?" Flames voice cut the awkward tension Which made Costella jump a little. "I was your mothers best friend. Before your father took her away. The bastard." I smiled " So you were my mothers friend?" Costella smiled softly "Yes we were very close to each other." Miles shifted around uncomfortably. Cotella cleared her thoat and became serious. "So this barrier do you know what type of barrier is it?" I looked over to Flame. "There are different types?" Costella Chuckled "Yes there are many. Before we go on talking about barriers. I would like to know why someone would take your children?" Miles shifted his eyes towards me. Flame tensed up next to me. I rolled my eyes at them. "Miles do you trust her?" I could tell the question caught him off gaurd. "Yes I trust her."

    I turned back to Costella. " It could have been my father or an assian he hired." I ducked as Costella spit out her drink. "What!" She kinda shouted out through her wheezing. "Im leading a restince against him. I am to be the queen of the werewolves. Or so everyone keeps telling me." Costellas eyes widened. She waved her hand around as a wait a minute gesture. "Are you telling me that you are the one everyone is talking about?" I felt tension in the air. "What do you mean by that." Flame growled out. "There has been rumors going around about a resistance. It didnt accure to me that it would be you. And soon to be Queen. Are you sure its her." She turned to Miles who nodded his head. "Well this changes alot of things. Ill go with you. I just need to pack a few things. Then after we get your daughters we are taking a trip to the old archives." I looked at Flame then back at Miles and Costella. "Whats the old archives?" Costella smirked and leaned in. "The lost history."