Chapter seventeen

"Gaara!" Chidori called out in pain. Her eyes looking at the giant figure in front of her. Naruto was there too, he was on-top of a giant toad ready to go against Gaara.

She panted, the pain slowly getting to her. She knew it was dangerous to leave the hospital but she could not hold herself. His aura was far too strong to ignore.

The ranging monster was screaming to get out and she just had to step in and stop it.

She jumped high up, ignoring the calls of concerned people. Her jump reaching the height of the toad as she glared at the tailed beast in front of her. She gave a growl before puffs of smoke formed around her.

Jumped out this snow white wolf with multiple tails. The eyes were red as it held two familiar signature scars on the left side of the wolf's face.

It charged at the one tails and tried to fight it off, however in such a way that it still seemed gentle.

Their fight was long and loud. It drew attention to all as most of the enemy ninja fled while some were distracted by the giant fight.

It definitely caught Kakashi's attention and he was quick to rush to the scene where even Lee had managed to arrive. He was even worried because Chidori had more damage than Lee yet she was the one fighting.

Her attacks were still gentle as her mind lingered into another place. She ran through the water filled room. Her eyes only on the darkest part of the room where stood the beast and the boy.

"I see you have come!" The beast hollowed as he looked down on her with those dark yellow eyes. "Come to stop me?"

She shook her head. "Come to help... both of you." She said as she bought out her hands, almost in a surrendering or hugging way. The beast grunted and shook his head.

"You might be his friend but that only gave him more pain!" A loud roar came from his throat. "He would wait for your visit! He would hope for your arrival, and it gave him this sense of hope yet he was laughed at for it! The kids would silently torment him while he waited by the swing or by the very entrance for you!"

Chidori looked down. She had never thought it that way. Gaara has never really had a friend, and now he gained ome, he was hopeful. Too hopeful that he ignored the pain of doubt or any possibility.

Her eyes met the mint green ones that hid behind the beast. Her heart thumped in pain. She never meant to hurt him.

"I'm sorry." Chidori looked up at the beast. "To both of you..." tears were at the edge of spilling. "I never meant to do that... I never meant to hurt any of you."

She brought her hands out almost as a sign of surrender. The beast chuckled lowly, "You never helped us... a sorry won't fix anything... Die!" Yelled the beast as his giant clawed paws were lifted and then brought down just as quick, about to squash the child in front.

"No!"

A loud roar shook the grounds of Konoha. Everyone had turned to see what had happened. The two giants were on the ground, the one tailed on-top of the white wolf. Its tail bursting out sand that slowly covered them.

Everyone who watched found it weird but those who truly knew who these people were were worried for them. Some ninjas were stupid enough tried to get into the slowly forming sand dome and died. The others who witnessed it, made a distance.

Kakashi, Gai, their squad and even lee was there. They were worried and wanted to help but they did not want to end up like the ninjas before them. They just stood in horror.

"This is insane." Naruto muttered as Sasuke and Sakura could only nodd in agreement at the sight of the building sand dome.

"Chidori-Chan is strong."

Her eyes opened slightly at the thought of no impact. She looked up to see the giant paw above her. She gasped slightly before turning to see Gaara, who was also stared down by the beast.

"S-she has done nothing wrong!" The boy protested and looked up at the big creature. "If it weren't for her, I might have been worse!" He explained, looking at the girl in front. He walked towards her as the monster removed his paw. He hugged her and apologized with sobs.

Chidori hugged him back and cried too. "I'm sorry Gaara."

"I should be the one to say sorry." Gaara sniffed. It was seldom that he expressed emotions and it was just time to release all that hurt and fear and anger. He just needed someone to trust. Someone to lean on. "I-I could have killed you... I should have protected you." He cried.

Chidori shook her head and hugged him, which he quickly returned. "You are alone and hurt... all you need is someone to help you... and I am willing to help you... I'm willing to be by your side." She said.

"I will always be there for you."