Phil: baby thoughts

Phil's POV

"1,2,3 push!" The doctor says for what seems like an eternity. In reality, y/n has only been pushing for about eight minutes tops. I try to encourage her and say, "cmon y/n one more big push." She looks at me with what seems like anger and frustration in her eyes," shut up Phil!"

"He's right y/n, one more big push and you're done." The doctor agreeably says.
"Ok." She says lightly and I give her a look as if to say 'really? I actually just said that to you.. Like just now.' But I try not to argue with her knowing the state she's in. She gives one last push and our baby comes out crying her little lungs out.
"Congratulations! It's a baby girl." The doctor says with enthusiasm. They gently give Y/n our daughter and she cradles her safely. I look at her in admiration for what she just did. She truly is an amazing woman. All the times I was gone, she had to deal with this alone, she had to put up with me being at conventions and meetings. This woman, my wife... She is simply astonishing.

I suddenly snap out of my own thoughts because I notice her looking at me in confusion. That's when I realised she asked me a question. "Sorry darling, what is it that you said?" She smiled tiredly and asked again. "Would you like to hold her?" Of course I wanted to hold her, I was just afraid I would drop her knowing how clumsy I am. I wonder if this exact same thought runs trough every new fathers' head. She was still waiting for my response, I nodded my head in agreement and extended my arms towards her to carry my child, my daughter.

I looked down at her and saw her face. Just like her mother, no doubt about it. Now I knew something for sure, she will grow up to be as beautiful as her mum. That means boy trouble, that also means date nights and heartbreaks. Woah! Gotta stop myself there. I still have about 15 years to think this trough. I keep my eyes fixed on her and see how she got my natural hair colour. Hopefully she likes her hair. I gently try opening her eyes and to my surprise, she has my eye colour as well. This is a little me, this is someone I'll have to teach and keep by my side until she's older and independent. But even then, I'll have to help her out with her adult life and her future kids. Do's and don'ts of parenting. I mean I'm still new at this whole parent thing but hopefully by then I'll be a wise old man... With a moustache... no moustache? Hmm who knows.

I turn my head to see y/n and she seems really tired. I want to hold her close, I'm not sure exactly how to thank her for my child, for everything she's gone through. I stand up from my seat and kiss her forehead. "Thank you." I believe that went smoothly. She smiles reassuringly and speaks up, "have you thought of any good names?" Now that I think about it.. I haven't thought of any good ones. I don't want to hear her at 14 telling me how much she hates her name and how she wishes she'd be named something cool like... I don't know, Alexa Stryker. I mentally laugh at my own joke but simply shake my head no towards y/n.
(To be continued)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yay! Hope you guys like this one ☺️ I'm making it a two parter hope y'all don't mind. Happy readings!
-Anne