SIXTY-SIX (EDITED)

Start from the beginning

"Not likely!" He calls back.

Gemma enters the room just after he leaves, bearing toast and tea. I smile at her thankfully as she sits beside me on the bed.

"I'm so sorry you're ill," She says as I take a careful sip of tea.

"It's alright, it's probably my fault that I didn't get a flu shot this year," I say. "I haven't had the time."

"I don't know if what you've got is the flu, have you got the chills?"

"No, I feel like I've been doused in a pit of lava."

Gemma chuckles. "Harry mentioned having ibuprofen, I'll go see if I can find it." She exits the room.

My phone suddenly rings from the nightstand and I roll my eyes at Harry's caller ID.

"You haven't even been gone five minutes, what could you possibly mans?" I smirk.

"It's important, I swear."

"What?"

"Don't tell Gemma where I keep my Snickers."

"That's the important thing?"

"Chocolate is very important, Rosalie."

I sigh. "Fine, your secret is safe with me."

"Good. Also, I love you."

I flush and smile. "I love you, too."

I hear his smile."I've got to go, there's a lady wearing too much lipstick in the car next to me giving me the evil eye for talking on the phone."

"Alright. I'll see you later."

"Damn, she needs to take it easy with the lipstick. She looks like she drank a liter of blood or something."

"Bye, Harry."

I hang up just as he begins ranting about how the woman may or may not be a vampire, chuckling at his humor.

Gemma bustles back into the room, studying the label on a bottle of pills. "I think this is the right one, take two," She instructs, handing me a glass of water.

"Thank you, Gemma," I say, swallowing the white tablets and leaning back onto some of Harry's pillows.

Gemma switches on the TV and constantly asks me if I need anything, her caring green eyes hopeful and wide. I'm so grateful for Gemma now, she's so kind and sweet. Although she and Harry have a muddled past. I hope they can get past it, because I know Gemma and I will be good friends, regardless.

We watch crappy daytime soap operas and share a sleeve of Saltines throughout the day. Gemma finds medicine for my stuffed nose and cough drops for my aching throat. Harry texts me on and off, mostly judgmental messages about our coworkers. For instance:

I never noticed just how bald Arnold is.

Or:

Zayn's hair is really tall today, you should see it.

And, my personal favorite:

Damn it, Rose, now that you're not here I'm directly facing Marion and she looks like she wants to sever my head from my neck.

I giggle and share each text with Gemma. She laughs along with me as we exchange stories about Harry, many of which I'm sure Harry would not want Gemma telling.

"He swallowed a chunk of our mother's lipstick when he was four," She tells me.

I widen my eyes. "No way!"