SIXTY-ONE (EDITED)

I wake up still nestled in Harry's arms, his warm breath fanning onto my forehead.

I could stay like this forever.

Unfortunately, we have work, and I don't know where Harry and I stand.

Weeks ago he told me I mean nothing, yet here we are, tangled together in slumber.

Should I wait for Harry to wake up?

I decide against it and gently untangle myself from him, sliding out of bed.

I grab my key from his nightstand and carefully tiptoe out of his apartment.

I shower and blow dry my hair, slipping into a lavender blouse and grey skirt. I slide on my pumps and grab my keys and phone, almost late for work.

I arrive just in the nick of time, dropping my things onto my desk and sighing.

"Morning, Rose," Perrie calls to me from her desk in HR and I smile at her.

Events from the night before begin to flood back to me as I open the manila folder sitting on my desk.

"You...you don't want me to stay?"

"Why would I want you to stay?"

I click my pen anxiously, trying to focus.

"Don't go."

"It's your birthday. Just stay with me tonight."

"Just stay."

I shut my eyes. Out of all the people that wished me happy birthday, Harry's meant the most.

"Rosalie." I look up into the angry, blazing eyes of Harry.

I furrow my brow. "What?"

He clenches his jaw. "Roof. Now."

"No, I'm-"

"Now."

I rise from my seat, confusedly following Harry up the stairs. He walks briskly, his long strides hard for me to keep up with. I can almost see anger radiating off of him, although I have no idea why.

We finally reach the roof, where small amounts of snow sit. The air is frigid, but I can tell Harry's temper is too hot for him to notice.

As soon as the door to the stairwell shuts, Harry whirls around, enraged.

"What the hell was that?" He shouts.

I step back. "Wh-what?"

"You leaving, without telling me? Do you know how fucking worried I was?"

"What are you talking about?"

"This morning, I woke up and you were gone." His cheeks are flushed with anger. "I thought something happened, and you didn't even have the decency to leave me a goddamn note!"

I flinch as he yells at me, his voice loud and his eyes ablaze.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd care," I say softly.

"Why wouldn't I care? I was so worried." He tugs at his hair, like I've come to know he does when he's stressed.

"I'm sorry, Harry," I say again. He's probably right, I shouldn't have left without telling him. I know if our roles were reversed, I would be acting just as he is.

He nods, sighing and sticking his hands into his pockets.

"It's freezing, can we at least talk in the stairwell?" I ask.