THREE (EDITED)

My alarm blares at seven a

My alarm blares at seven a.m. scaring the living shit out of me.

I knock the beeping clock to the floor, a groan escaping my lips. It take me a good two minutes to realize it's Monday morning, the day I begin my new job.

I leap out of bed, rushing into the bathroom. I shower quickly and dry my hair, letting it fall loose in chestnut waves past my shoulders. I put eyeliner and mascara on my eyes, trying to make myself look professional and slightly classy.

I go to my closet and pull on a white blouse and a black skirt along with black pumps. I stare at myself in the mirror and take a few deep breaths.

"You can not screw this up," I say to my reflection.

And after a short pep talk, I grab my back and lock the door behind me.

On the way out of the building, I pass Harry's door and push him away from my mind. Just because I have a rude neighbor doesn't mean I'll have to interact with him. That is, unless my noise level isn't as low as he pleases.

I get into my car, the cool Portland air making me shiver a bit. Even though it's mid September, temperatures are already dropping. Not that I mind too much, anyway. I love cold weather.

The drive is short to Crystal Publishing, thanks to my apartment only being a few blocks away. I mentally thank Aaron for the thousandth time for helping me pick out such fantastically located place.

I park my car accordingly and walk into the sleek glass building. I take the elevator to the sixth floor and walk into a spacious office, stopping at the reception desk.

A brown haired woman with shocking blue eyes smiles at me from the desk.

"Good morning, Miss Knight," she says, nodding a bit.

"Hi," I greet her. The plaque on her desk reads "Marion Johnson."

She smiles at me. "I'll let Mr. Greenman know you're here." She picks up her phone and presses a few buttons, speaking my name into the receiver before hanging up. She hands me a manila folder. "Mr. Greenman put aside this manuscript the other day for you to start when you arrived." I take the folder into my arms, unable to stop the smile from spreading across my face.

This is it. This is really happening.

A few moments later, a distinguished man with glasses and dark hair walks up to me, sticking out his hand for me to shake.

"Rose Knight, nice to see you," He says as I shake his hand. "I'm Dan Greenman, COO."

I nod. I hadn't realized he was ranked so high in the company. To think I'll be working directly for the COO almost makes me dizzy.