ELEVEN (EDITED)

The more I encounter Harry, the more I realize Aaron is right

The more I encounter Harry, the more I realize Aaron is right. I should stay away from him. However, living across from him and sitting by him at work doesn't help.

I walk the hall to my apartment, fishing for my keys in my pocket. It was a long day at work today. I finished editing two manuscripts, and I'm exhausted. Perrie and Zayn were flirting the whole lunch hour, and I just wanted to take their heads and mash them together already. It's painfully obvious how much they like each other.

When I can't feel my keys in my pocket, I open it wider to peer inside. I check all of my pockets multiple times before groaning. I've lost my keys.

I find my car keys, of course, but not my apartment key. Just my luck.

I go on my phone to find the number of a locksmith and dial the number. The locksmith informs me he will be here in about twenty minutes and I thank him before hanging up. I pace outside my apartment, trying to think of a way to pass the time.

Just as I'm about to go down to my car to perhaps go out for dinner, the door to Harry's apartment opens and out he steps.

Of course.

"Rosie," He greets me. "I thought I heard you out here."

"I'll keep the noise down," I snap, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back against my door.

"Locked out?" He asks, humor in his eyes. He wears a plaid flannel and Jeans, he must have changed out of his work clothes. A cocky smile is painted onto his lips.

"Yes." I grimace.

Harry bites his lip to keep from laughing and roll my eyes.

"Go ahead, laugh," I say.

Harry shakes his head. "No, there is absolutely nothing funny about this." He tries to hide his smile, but he fails and his dimples pop into his cheeks.

I roll my eyes again.

"Rosie, if you roll your eyes too much, they'll roll right of your head," Harry warns. He leans back against his door, mirroring my stance.

"What do you want, anyway?" I ask.

Harry shrugs. "Thought you'd want company out here."

"Well, you thought wrong."

"Lighten up, Rosie."

"Stop calling me--"

"Nope."

I lock my jaw. "Can you leave me alone?"

"Nope."

"Why not?" I groan. Any company would be better than Harry's.

"Because this is too much fun."

"What, making me miserable?"

"No, counting how many times you roll your eyes." As if to back him up, I roll my eyes without thinking. Harry laughs.

"Just go back into your apartment," I snap. "Harsh."

"Yeah, well."

"Rose, take a chill pill."

"No." I check the time on my phone, wondering where the hell the locksmith is.

"Want to play a game?"

"No."

"How about would you rather?"

"No."

"I'll start," Harry says, ignoring me.

"Would you rather... fall off cliff or be eaten by a tiger?"

"I'm not playing."

"Personally, I'd choose the cliff--"

"I don't care."

"--Because you won't necessarily die."

"Stop."

"Come on, Rosie, why don't you want to play?"

"Because I hate you!" I shout, my annoyance bubbling over.

Harry looks taken aback by my declaration. His eyes turn cold, his jaw clenching. "You really are so bitchy, you know that, Rose?" He says.

I glare at him. "Maybe if you weren't an annoying prick I wouldn't be so bitchy."

"Look, I as just trying to keep you company."

"No, you were looking for an excuse to annoy the shit out of me and make me upset. I know you by now, Harry."

Harry laughs dryly. "You know me by now? Guess again, Rosie." He turns on his heel and walks back into his apartment, the door slamming behind him.

The locksmith comes a half hour later. I complain and end up getting a discount. I thank the man after he unlocks my door, practically falling onto the couch with exhaustion from work and fighting with Harry. He has so much nerve. I hate him.