Section 12

Adam cried out when his wing was harshly tugged on, bending it out of shape and making him whimper in pain as he managed to wrench himself free from the human's groping hands.

"You will be mine," the man growled in his foreign accent as Adam fluttered awkwardly on top of the cage Seto was in, landing heavily. He was trembling, in both tire and pain, as he was crouched before the devil. The male human smirked, taking his time in stepping slowly, getting closer and closer, keeping his sharp hazel eyes trained on the fairy. Ian was staring from his containment, fists clenched around the bars, straining against captivity to be the guardian he was suppose to be.

"It'll be fun," the man cooed darkly, stepping closer. Adam stumbled to his feet and backed away, the fairies watching desperately, fearing for the last free fairy. "You'll still get to fly around," The man continued, smiling twistedly. "You'll just be behind glass, so humans can finally see that I was right, that fairies do live in the forests... You'll be in the exhibits, on display. Trapped." That one word whirled through Adam's thoughts. Trapped. The one thing all of his life he had resented-- Ian and his overprotective rules, Ty catching him under an empty glass, and now his colony, and now... him; he was trapped.

"N-no." Adam slowly stood up straight, clenching his hands into fists at his sides. "You're not keeping us," he snarled. "You're not 'exhibiting' any of us! We have rights too! We're human like you, just different!" He shouted. The other fairies whispered quietly in agreement, while the human didn't look so pleased.

He narrowed his eyes and suddenly lashed out, taking Adam by surprise since he had let his guard down, and his heart skipped a beat as he found himself eye level with the cold-hearted man, in a deathly tight grip.

Suddenly, the door fell off of its hinges and fell forward with a crash, startling everyone as light poured into the storage room.

"LET. HIM. GO," Ty snarled, panting from having ran after Mitch to rescue Adam. His fists were clenched, as were his teeth, both due to anger, furious at having his little Adam threatened. The other male's eyes widened in surprise, then narrowed in interest at little Jason trembling in Ty's jacket pocket, and Mitch in the kinder human's hoodie.

"Well... more fairies?" He asked wonderingly. "How interesting..." Ty put his hand over his pocket to cover Jason from the curious stare, his gaze not leaving his enemy.

"Let them go," he repeated, keeping a hard tone to match his hard stare. The man simply waved his hand as he inspected his catch.

"I believe we haven't met yet," he crooned slyly. "My name is Martin. Martin Petrov."

"Ty Ellis." Ty kept his voice gruff as Mitch and Jason darted to the cages to chatter urgently to Seto and Jerome. "Now let my friends go!" Martin gave a crooked smile.

"Ahh, I'm afraid I can't do that, Ty," He sneered, his grip around Adam getting tighter. Adam let out a squeaky breath of protest, gasping for air. Ty tensed.

"You're suffocating him!" He shouted. "Let him go!" Martin gave Ty a look, but he loosened his grip, keeping Adam contained by clasping his hands together to keep the fairy caught.

"... I suppose you want me to release them all then, huh?" He asked, smirking. "Don't you want the world to know about these creatures? People need to know about them! Research could be made-- we could make millions!" Ty growled under his breath.

"No," He said flatly. "It's safer for them if no one knows about them-- so people like you don't abuse them!" Martin narrowed his eyes.

"So what are you saying? That you'll make me release them?" He sneered.

"You're d*mn straight." He suddenly flew forward and tackled Martin, making the foreigner lose Adam out of his hands as they both fell to the ground. Adam squeaked in alarm and rolled away to avoid getting smothered as the two humans fought, struggling and fighting each other for the fate of the fairies.

"Adam!" Seto whispered. Adam turned to see that Seto was pointing at the latch, where he and Star stood, waiting. Adam nodded and swiftly climbed up the cage side, while the two immense humans continued to struggle with each other.

"I remember you now!" Ty grunted, having Martin pinned to the floor. "You're wanted back in Tucson for robbery and theft!"

"Simple sacrifices to my project!" Martin shouted back, throwing Ty off. Ty was slammed against Ian's cage, making the blue fairy flinch back as the human struggled to get up, only for Martin to grab him by his scruff and slam him against the wall. "I have waited years for this!" Martin hissed as Adam and Seto finally got the latch up. "I'm not letting some punk get in my way! For years people called me crazy! For years people didn't believe that there were other intelligent creatures like us! But there are, and I'm going to prove it!" He threw Ty to the ground, where the young adult got the wind knocked out of him, gaping for air as Martin crouched down. "I'm not letting you get in my way." Martin raised his hand to punch Ty out, who's eyes widened in alarm.

"HEY!!!!" Martin stopped and turned to see that Adam was standing on the cages, which were now empty save for Ian's. The gold fairy himself was slouched a little, his wings still clearly bent out of shape, but determination was still in his eyes, which had grown as harsh as Ian's. "YOU WANTED US, NOT HIM, SO LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!" Adam shouted. Martin blinked, obviously surprised by the outburst, then smirked and slowly started laughing.

"I like you," he stated in a teasing tone. "You've got spunk. The others are cowards." Then his eyes narrowed. "And I'm going to make you the exhibit," He growled. Adam had started to feel some sort of energy coursing through him, an urge to say something; an urge to become whole.

"I don't think so." Then he shouted, "Synchonévontai gia na schimatísoun éna enántia ston echthró tis fýsis!"

There was a flash of gold, blinding both humans and making them flinch back. Ty had covered his eyes, but when he lowered his arm, he gasped. Adam had disappeared, but he had looked just in time to see something gold and brilliantly shining ram into his chest. There was a flash before it disappeared, and he shuddered, feeling warm and... and energetic.

'What ... just happened?' He felt different some how, as if ready to bound with energy, but he didn't know what happened to Adam. Where was he? What was with that gold ball of light that disappeared into his chest?

Unless that light had been Adam...!

'That story Seto was telling!' Ty remembered when he had overheard Seto telling the other fairies that old tale, the one with a fairy blessing a human so that they could merge together and unite, them and their ancestors to protect Nature or the fairies... or whatever, maybe friendship?

'Well... talk about coincidence.' Ty slowly got up onto his feet, shaking with energy. He felt strong, powerful, like he could run a hundred laps. Martin had glanced over to Ty, before his eyes widened and he suddenly stumbled back, looking shocked.

"Y-your eyes!" He gasped. "Wh-what happened!?" Ty turned his head to see his reflection in an old dusty mirror--  his eyes had become a brilliant  jade green, glowing even like fairies' wings. He slowly turned back to Martin, who looked astounded, and he smirked, giving a cocky grin exactly like Adam's.

"Never underestimate fairies." He gave one hard punch-- and Martin dropped to the floor, out like a light. Ty stood there for a moment, then shuddered and stepped back, looking at his hand. He slowly made a fist with it, seeing it glow green, and he grinned. He did it-- they did it; the fairies were safe. He suddenly wavered and had to sit down, breathing heavily with some sort of adrenaline, his mind racing at light-years.

"... H-human." Ty blinked and tilted his head to the side to see Ian, hovering in his turned over cage and staring at him. "... Any chance you could let me out?" He asked. Ty nodded and stretched out a shaky hand, oddly feeling a sense of ardor and urge for comfort-- these had to be Adam's emotions for the blue fairy. He carefully lifted the latch and offered his hand for Ian, and the navy blue fairy hesitantly hopped on, looking a little anxious at being in the hands of a human, but at the same time trusting seeing he had just seen the fairy he was entrusted with merge with him.

"... Sooooo how the heck do I undo this?" Ty asked, gesturing to his green glowing eyes.