"Ooh don't involve her with that, Kol. She has nothing to do with it."

I scoffed as I kicked his leg but he immediately dodged it, stepping aside. "Ah, look at you! And I thought you were still that pathetic little boy."

As I expected my plan was successfully working as my words triggered him, making him attack me instantly. Before his fist landed on my face, I managed to grab it, twisting his arm to cause him pain. He gritted his teeth, struggling to free himself out of my grasp.

"You are afraid I'll take her away from you? You should be, because Kol, I was waiting for this moment. The moment when you screwed up," he chuckled.

I saw red. I wanted to kill him, to make him suffer. Thinking that he had astonished me with his words, Kendrix tried to grab me but, unfortunately for him, I was faster than him. Taking advantage of my speed, I kneeled him on his stomach, causing him to step backwards. "Oh come on, is that all you got there? You are a disgrace, Kendrix. Being one of the first vampires of my sireline. Are you really that weak?"

He growled, his fangs showing up just in time. Finally, some action. He made a few efforts to punch me, only a few succeeding. I found the opportunity to pull his hair, spinning him around as I eventually threw him on the ground.

As he was about to stand up again, I quickly pressed forcefully my foot against his torso, grinning. "Giving up already? Oh and I was about to have some fun here."

"Well let me help you with that." he responded and out of the blue, a wooden sick was thrown at me, the stupid thing stabbing me in the eye.

"Bloody hell!" I cursed, my vision turning black for a few moments as I stepped behind, trying to keep my balance.

I felt the blood pouring down my face, a cold sensation taking over my body. The pain was unbearable for the first few seconds but in an instant, I regained my consciousness, trying to focus on my surroundings with my one good eye. I laughed, pulling the stick out of my eyeball. "That was impressive," I breathed, tossing it aside, "But it is nothing compares to what you are about to lose."

He crawled away as I paced towards him, managing to kick his head violently. He groaned again, placing his right hand at the pained spot, rubbing it. That moment I took the chance to snatch his other hand as I bent down, placing his middle finger next to my fang and, with a single bite, amputating it. The screams and cries he let that moment broke the dead silence of the night, a pleasure sound to my ears. I stood up, searching for a big branch on the ground. He crawled again, resting his back against a tree.

"If you kill me, you'll never get your answers. You'll never find out my plans with her."

"Plans? Mate, there are no 'plans' which I would allow to exist. You ought to find a better excuse for me to spare your life. But don't sweat it, there is no hope left for you." I replied, stabbing his stomach with a branch I found in order to keep him still.

He moaned, curling his fingers into balls. "I would do anything to protect my sire. And so would she. And if you had just left things as they were, no one would be in danger."

I tilted my head to the side, twisting the branch to torture him. "Riddles, riddles. You know that I hate riddles. Yet, you keep speaking like that. Do you have a death wish, mate?"

He started panting, as he wrapped his fingers around the wood. "Then kill me. Kill me and you find out who is going to blame you."

I narrowed my eyes. Leaning forwards, I gave him an ironic smile saying, "Why don't you eat your own tongue now?"

"Kol! Kendrix!"

I looked up. Davina?

How could she know where we are? No that wasn't possible. I glanced at Kendrix, who was now laughing frantically as he gazed at me. "Oh did I forget to mention that I told Davina where we would meet? You don't think I would come here without having some backup now, do you?"