Chapter Thirteen- Heat

I sat on my couch, watching the television without actually processing anything.

                My mind seemed to be malfunctioning. My thoughts and memories were completely jumbled.

                Nothing made complete sense and nothing seemed to apply to me. There was no relevance in my life anymore, just dizziness.

                The sofa dipped beside me and I felt Devon’s presence. He rested his hand gently on the back of my neck and coolness swept through me, different from the usual heat he radiated. His thumb stroked gently across the length of my neck and suddenly everything felt okay.

                “How are you feeling?” he asked, curiously rather than sympathetically.

                I didn’t answer his question, I didn’t know how to.

                “Do you know who killed Abby?” I asked without really knowing what compelled me to do so. His thumb stilled on my neck and the dizzy feeling was returning.

                “What are you talking about?” His voice was evidently strained, but my mind was too foggy to allow me to feel suspicious.

                “Do you know who the owner of the murder weapon was?”

                Devon’s thumb began to move against my skin again, clearing my mind.

                “No, I don’t,” he told me.

                There was a difference in his tone, something I could barely notice.

                “You’re lying,” I whispered, hurt.

                His fingers curled into my hair suddenly, startling me. I dared to look at him through the corner of my eye and he stared right back at me with a furious expression.

                Abruptly terrified, I pushed off the couch and took a few steps back.

                He stood slowly, eyeing me predatorily. He advanced on me and I backed up until I stupidly hit a wall.

                He smiled malevolently, resting his hands on my sides.

                “Is there anything you want to tell me, princess?” His thumbs massaged my hips and I gasped as a wave of heat rocked through me. He smiled again, satisfied with my reaction. “Did you like that?” He pulled my body flesh against his, his hands clutching my hips with greater force. This time the heat was more like an electric shock to my core. I completely lost footing, his hands the only thing keeping me standing. I fisted my hands in his shirt, trying to regain some sort of stability. “Relax,” he whispered and caused yet another shock to travel through me.

                My senses were ignited and I felt the need to use all of them. I wanted to see him, touch him, smell him, taste him, and hear him whisper his desired into my ear.

                I was a completely different person. A person who was ready to yield to his every desire.

                Behind all the false clarity Devon installed in my mind, I didn’t like the position I was in. I didn’t like my complete lack of control over my own body that was now quivering with need in his grasp.

                “I don’t think anyone can blame me,” he started, staring down at me with something like pride. “For doing everything in my power… for you.”

                He pressed against me again and I couldn’t handle the sweet torture for a second longer. I collapsed onto my knees, grabbing onto Devon’s legs to keep myself somewhat steady.

                “S-stop Devon.” I barely heard my own voice. In fact, I had no idea how I had the ability to speak when I was so lost in pleasure.

                Slowly, he knelt down and cupped my cheek in his hand. He stared at me with an unfathomable expression. “Why would I?”

                I had a reason. I remembered once having a clear response to that question, but the longer he stared at me, the more distant the memory became.

                He moved closer to me. Our lips almost touched. But he just stared at me for a long time.

                “I’m sorry,” he whispered, so softly, I thought I had imagined it.

                Then, he released me completely and quickly retreated from the room.

                As soon as he left, I felt that I could breathe freely again.

                I pulled myself up, using the wall for support and stumbled into the bathroom.

                I felt a wetness on my cheeks and realized I had begun to cry.

                I stared at my reflection in the mirror, uncomprehending. The person who stared back at me, on the other hand, seemed to know everything. She seemed to be wondering why I was allowing myself to be destroyed. She seemed ashamed of me.

                More tears gathered in my eyes, blurring my vision.

                I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

                Before I could even exhale, something came over my face. A cloth of some type. I struggled endlessly, but the cloth was pressed harder against me. As I struggled to breathe, I realized there was a strong scent of chemicals and tried to cough it out of my wind pipe.

                My breath caught in my throat and I could literally feel my consciousness drifting away.

O.O Ashlynn just got kidnapped. The ending surprised me a little. Wasn't really expecting that to happen. Ahh, writer's are crazy, aren't they?

Okay, so, as you can probably see, things are about to pick up a little more. Also, Devon’s really not controlling Ashlynn to the extent he may think he is.

Please leave comments and vote. Comments give inspiration : )

Also, check out my new story, "Give Into Me". It's a little less actiony and a little more sexual, but still fun.