SECHZEHN

It's been exactly one whole week since Gadis has last seen Robert Lewandowski.

'And to think that he'd at least text you,' she bitterly chuckles to herself as she tosses her body onto the brown couch in front of the TV. She quickly takes a big spoonful of ice cream out of the tub in front of her before hurling it into her mouth, 'Of course he wouldn't fight for you. He's Robert Lewandowski.'

Throughout those 7 days without Robert, Gadis has constantly found herself having arguments inside her head.

'Maybe he's right... You should've told him that you know him from the first place!'

'Why didn't you try to position yourself in his shoes? Of course he would want you to tell the truth; after all, he's just trying to save himself from possibly another heartbreak.'

'But he doesn't even acknowledge the times that you spent together, Gadis! He was just messing around with your feelings. After all, he's a footballer and he could do so much better than you.'

'He didn't even try to chase you when you exited that damned club! It was Kenneth who followed you out – not him.'

"Gadis?" a voice interrupts her racing thoughts, causing her to snap up and meet her mother's concerned eyes, "Kamu dari tadi bengong aja (you've been zoning out a lot lately)! Your father and I are going out, do you want us to buy anything for you?"

The dark-haired woman shrugs, "Are the little rascals tagging along?"

"Little rascals," her 19-year-old brother scoffs, "The only thing little here is the dick you've been sucking."

'Dick jokes, huh?' Gadis muses, 'God, he reminds me so much of Karmen! Maybe I should hook them up or something.'

"Jon!" their mother scolds tiringly – having to contain their grown-up kids under the same roof is getting enervating nowadays, "Start up the car. Your father and Rangga are waiting for you on the porch."

"Oke ma," he nods obediently before shooting Gadis a tongue out and making his way towards the car. Apparently, he's still mad at Gadis for not letting the family watch Der Klassiker on the weekend – odd, judging by the fact that his sister's a huge fan of Borussia Dortmund.

"You sure you don't want anything?" her mother asks again, "Pads? Tampons? Oh—or food! You sure you don't want us to buy you food?"

Gadis swiftly flashes her mother an assuring smile, "Gak usah ma. I've ordered pizza anyway."

"Alright, suit yourself."

And so she does suit herself.

She furiously eats her durian ice cream – yes, it's the only flavor her mum has apparently bought and stored in the fridge – while flipping angrily through random channels.

She somewhat ends up watching a Ping-Pong championship on a sports station, in which it suddenly shows the face of Robert Lewandowski doing a post-match interview once the program has finished.

"Not today Satan," she mumbles to herself while changing the channel, feeling her heart break even more knowing that he's perfectly happy with the absence of the Indonesian.

Maybe the relationship that they shared was a one-sided thing. Maybe Gadis was the only party who genuinely loved her counter-part. Maybe everything was just a joke.

'Maybe I should just hook up with Kenneth,' her conscience adds recklessly, 'Maybe his appearance was a sign that you and Robert could never work out. Yeah, that kind of makes—'