Qabool Hai

Asalamwalakum guys! Yay I am not that late this time. I have been going through a bit of a rough time, my uncle is in the ICU in critical conditions so the whole family is tensed. We have been going and coming from the hospital everyday. Life isn't easy on me but alhumdillah it's better than nothing. Just make dua(pray) for my uncle please. 

*

*

Do follow me on my instagram page: healxngwords 

*

Chapter 16 

It was a early morning at the apartment today because guess what today was? It was the day of my and Zaid's nikah. Everyone was busy. Sadiq bhai had gone to drop Sara and Mahira off to school while Phupu, Alina Bhabi and Shazia Api were in the kitchen preparing the food. Muzzamil bhai and Muqtadar bhai had gone to pick up Phupujaan and Phupajaan from their place. Their kids lived out of State so they were not coming but had messaged me saying they would be here for the wedding insha'allah. Alhumdillah Tayami agreed to come for the nikah even though she disliked me I wanted her here since Ammi and Abbu always taught me to never disrespect my elders. I was so jealous of Bilal right now since he was still sleeping while I couldn't even sleep due to my thoughts. Zainab, Sumaira, Iqra and Hira were going to come around 2:30pm since they had their classes to attend. All of them were planning on becoming Doctors except for Hira who was going to become a lawyer insha'allah.

Time flew and it was already 2:45pm but my lovely bestfriends didn't arrive yet. Shazia Api and Alina Bhabi took me inside to get ready. Shazia Api and Muzzamil Bhai had gifted me a beautiful white with black and gold top design suit for the nikah. It was not to fancy and just perfect for the nikah. I paired the suit with gold color hijab. Shazia Api did my makeup while Alina Bhabi set the Dupatta in a bridal way.

"Now turn around so we can see how you look, princess" Alina bhabi said and I did.

"Ya Allah! Mashallah! Inayah you look just beautiful. Zaid will have a hard time keeping his hands to himself after seeing you" Shazia Api compliemented making heat rush to my face

"You are absolutely right Shazia! Bechara( Poor boy) Zaid" Alina bhabi joined in the teasing game. Their teasing game didn't end till Phupu and Phupujaan came into the room. I greeted Phupujaan with a salam. Both the phupus were in awe seeing me and complimented me to which I shyly said "Jazakallah Khair"

"Phupu? Where is Ali phupa?" I questioned Phupu remembering Ali phupa had said he would be here before my nikah

"Right here beta! I am right here" I heard a voice from the door to which I turned around to see Ali phupa standing with Phupajaan. I walked up to both of them and Phupa evolved me in his arms and placed a kiss on my head. "I missed you" I whispered into Phupa's chest controlling my tears to which he placed another kiss and told me not to cry. I pulled back and bend my head down so Phupajaan could pat my head, since Phupa was my mehram I could hug him but Phupajaan wasn't so I greeted him the way I would greet all my elders.

"Mashallah my beti looks beautiful" Phupa said looking at me

"Inayah!" Muzzamil bhai yelled from the hall

"Ji (Yes) I am coming"

I walked into the living room to see my best friends had finally arrived.

"Oh My Allah!" Hira shouted loudly seeing me enter making everyone aware of my presence and they all walked up to me.

"Mashallah Jaani! Look at you!" Sumaira said

"Nazar na lagai (May you not catch the evil eye)" Iqra said coming towards me and hugging me soon we were in a group hug.

"Jazakallah khair guys! Why are you guys late! And where is Zainab? Wasn't she coming with you" I questioned when I noticed Zainab wasn't here

"Sorry we were late actually our class lasted a bit too long, then we went home and got ready. I was ready but was waiting for Sumaira to pick me up" Hira said glaring at Sumaira

"Hey! Easy with that glare, I couldn't pick a dress to wear!" Sumaira justified

"Okay, it's fine but where is Zainab?"

"Ummm the thing is Zainab wasn't allowed to come" Iqra answer

"Huh? What do you mean? Not allowed to come? What the hell is that suppose to mean?" I said getting pissed

"Inayah! Laguage!" Sadiq bhai yelled as he came as soon as I said the word "Bilal would have heard you"

"Sorry bhai" I sheepishly replied to which Sadiq bhai nodded. I grabbed Iqra and Sumaira's hand and pointed toward my room to which Hira followed. "So answer me. What are you guys hiding?" I questioned after locking the bedroom door

"Ummmm she got a marriage proposal so she couldn't come" Sumaria said shocking me. Why didn't anyone tell me? Was it that hard to tell me? Their bestfriend? I wanted to shout at them but I shocked myself by calmly saying "Okay...you guys can wait outside, I am just going to go wake Bilal up" They all nodded and left the room as they knew they couldn't help me much. I was upset with Zainab, I was the closest with her from all of them. I then went and woke Bilal up who ran to Sadiq bhai. Sadiq bhai had said that he will get Bilal ready, then go pick up Sara and Mahira from school since it was almost 3pm. The nikah was at 4:15 right after Asr prayer (3rd islamic prayer of the day)

At 4pm we all had left for the masjid which was 2 blocks away from the apartment. Ali phupa was my wali who was giving me away for the nikah.

"Do you, daughter of Saqib Quraishi accept this nikah with the son of Aarif Ahmed, Zaid Ahmed with the given mahr (A gift the bride askes from the groom)?" the Imam asked

"Qabool hai (I accept)" I said slowly and the imam asked 2 more times to which I said "Qabool hai" then I signed the Nikah contract with that my part was done. Right after, the imam asked Zaid to which he replied the same as me. After his sign, we were husband and wife subhan'allah (All praises to Allah). I was hugged by my phupus, Alina bhabi and Shazia Api, who were in tears without me knowing tears were slipping down my face as well. I then went up to hug Tayami but she moved back so I just said salam and moved on to greet Faiza bhabi who was Tayami's daughter-in-law, but alhumdillah she was no were near like Tayami. She hugged me and congratulated me and whispering a small sorry for her mother-in-law's behavior. I was use to Tayami's behavior so I just said "it's okay" Then I hugged my mother-in-law and Ayesha baji who welcomed me in their family. Zahra aunty who told me to call her Ammi like Zaid did introduced me to some of Zaid's aunties, there were so many I couldn't keep up with the names. Then came my friends who hugged me and congratulated me with some teasing to which I just smiled. I was still upset with them but I didnt want to ruin everyone's mood with my mood. Sara and Mahira were standing next to Phupu, Sara was trying to hide her tears but she couldn't.

"Hey bacha (kid) why are you crying,my love?"

"It's tears of happiness, Api" She said while I wiped her tears and hugged her

"Api! Zaid bhaijaan is going to live with us now right?!" Mahira questioned happily which made almost all the ladies laugh and making me embarrassed

"No beta, your Zaid bhaijaan won't live with you guys just yet but he will come over every week to visit you guys. Then after ramadan we will have a big wedding after which he will live with you guys" Ammi explains to Mahira with a smile and Mahira smiles back

"Okay, let's leave now we have to get home before the men and heat up the food" Phupu says panicking

"Everything will be done on time. Let's leave" Alina bhabi says and everyone picks up their belongings and we left for the apartment.

*

*

Above is how I imagined Inayah's Nikah dress.

How was the chapter?

Sorry if I messed up on the Nikah part, I am not hundred percent sure if that is how it goes.