I miss them

Asalamwalakum! Sorry this was long overdue but I got caught up with stuff and then weddings are starting in my family so it has been hectic. But insha'allah I will take out time to update the story. So here it is!!!!

.

.

.

Btw the picture is how I imagine Inayah's room to look

Chapter 15

3 days have gone by since we had gone to Zaid's place and tomorrow would insha'allah be our nikah. I had asked Phupu if we can do the nikah after Asr cause Sara has her exams going on and that way she won't miss school and still be there for the nikah. Phupu, Alina bhabhi, Ayza( Alina bhabi's daughter) and Shazia Api had come over 2 days ago because the women will be home while Zaid and the men will be at the masjid for the nikah and afterward everyone would be at my apartment. My sweet brothers were helping with doing the decorations cause "Everyone has to know there is a bride in the apartment" Their words.

"Inayah, go change your bedsheets to this" Phupu says giving me a pinkish cream color bed covers which were newly bought

        "Phupu! I told you nah, I don't want you all to spend much."

"Arey baba, this isn't much...not like your parents had thought of doing your nikah but it is the least we can do" Phupu says with a sad smile

My parents....my Ammi....my Abbu...they won't be here to see their eldest daughter get her nikah done. My heart ached because I really want them to be with me at this time but Allah swt had other plans, Subhanallah.

       "Mummy, the hall is all decorated..." Shazia Api stops talking as soon as she sees me with unshed tears in my eyes. "Arey, no crying please unless you guys want me to cry too" Shazia Api says as she wipes my tears

"Shazia, what were you saying before?" Phupu questions Api

        "Oh, mummy the hall decoration is all done and me and bhabi cleaned the kids room"

"Mashallah that is really good" Phupu said as we all walked into the hall. To say the hall looks nice would be an understatement because it looked more than nice. The hall was all decorated and in the middle were 2 chairs which I guess was for me and umm Zaid since both the chairs were elegantly decorated with flowers.

         "Wow" I commented at the sight of the decorations

"Indeed wow, mashallah you all did a great job" Phupu complemented all of them

                     "Thank you, thank you" Sadiq bhai patting himself which made Muzzamil bhai smack him

        "Jhoota (Liar) Mummy, this idiot did nothing but order me and Alina bhabi around" Muzzamil bhai complained

                         "Hey! That's a big responsibility Mr." Sadiq bhai threw back to which Muzzamil bhai rolled his eyes at

        "I sometimes doubt if they both are in their 20's since they both fight like little kids" I whispered to Shazia Api and Alina Bhabi and ran out

                            "We heard that Moti (Fatty)!" Sadiq bhai and Muzzamil bhai yelled backed at me

"I am not Moti!" I huffed. It's true I am not fat alhumdillah infact I lost 7 pounds the last time I checked at the Doctor's, who was concerned about me losing weight to quick to which I shrugged off.

Later that night after everyone was asleep I creeped into the balcony. I was suppose to get "full 8 hour sleep" as said by Phupu but sleep was no where near me. I took a seat on the chair and looked at the sky.

Ya Allah tomorrow is a big day for me. I wish like all the other girls my parents were here...by me. My mom telling me how my life would change after tomorrow while my dad telling me how I am his little girl and would always be and if Zaid hurt me, he would be here to take care of Zaid...but...but they aren't here. I could feel the tears coming down and I was stubborn to not wipe them away. I raised my hands and kept praying that I would be able to keep my promise of taking care of my siblings. I was only getting married for them so they can find a father like figure in Zaid just like I am their mother like figure. I prayed asking Allah that I will be able to fulfill my duties as a wife and that Zaid is the one for me.

I soon heard the balcony door slide open so I turned away from the door and wiped my face off any tears.

"Inayah?" It was Phupu so I turned and forced a smile

       "Ji Phupu"

"You didn't sleep yet beta?" She questioned sitting in the chair next to me

       "No, I wasn't sleepy yet" I replied gazing at the stars in front of me.

"You are missing them right?" and I nodded "It's okay,my jaan (life) remember they are in a better place and waiting to be reunited with you in Jannah. Insha'allah" Phupu comforts me taking me into a hug

            "I know Phupu...it's just that I want them with me at this moment. To see their daughter get her nikah done"

"I understand Inayah. We all our here for you. Now let's go get some sleep, don't want bags under those beautiful eyes of yours" Phupu says pulling me up with her and taking me inside.