Stannis Baratheon X Tyrell!Reader - Duty: Part 2

Start from the beginning

"It was fine," Cersei muttered, not looking in your direction as she watched her husband converse loudly with your own. You looked away from her, glancing over at the children sitting opposite you.

"Princess Myrcella, you are looking so grown up," you started softly, forcing your smile to remain firmly on your lips, "and just as beautiful as your mother," you added, trying to split the awkward silence that had taken over your end of the table.

She returned your smile, "Thank you, Aunt. Father says I will be far more beautiful than mother when I am a full Lady," she added looking down the table at her Father. You spared a glance over to Cersei, who had her fists clenched in her lap.

"I'm not sure that's possible, Myrcella. Your mother is the most beautiful woman in the Seven Kingdoms," you told her, trying to get on Cersei's good side. The bored look in her eyes faltered for a moment as she heard your compliment, but she was soon back to her stony, fixed expression. "And my princes, looking even more handsome and brave than the last time I saw you," you told them, looking between the two blonde boys.

"I'm brave like uncle Jaime," Tommen announced and you sent him a large smile and a nod as Joffrey watched you just as his mother had, with an air of boredom and power which you were growing less fond of by the second.

"Can we eat now, preferably before I have to retire to my chambers?" Cersei asked, her voice breaking her silence to scold you as though you were one of her children rather than her good sister.

"Of course, Your Grace," you answered quickly, calling for the serving girl to bring the food as you felt Stannis' hand squeeze yours gently under the table. "I was worried you wouldn't be hungry. I never am after such a long journey," you started again, offering a short, snort of laughter.

"Don't be silly," Tommen laughed. "Father is always hungry," he added, earning a glare from his mother and a smirk, which you quickly forced off of your face, glancing down at the surface of the table to hide it from view. But you were shocked when you heard Stannis let out a loud laugh, his whole body shaking with his chuckles.

"The boy has a point," he snorted, causing his brother to laugh along with him. You started to relax again, as plates of food were brought to the table by the serving girls, who helped to fill the guest's plates with meats, vegetables, potatoes and bread, another coming to top up the drinks as everyone began to eat.

Soon, the children were sent to bed by their parents, leaving the four adults to sit and talk around the fire in one of the smaller reception rooms. You sat beside Stannis, a half finished dress sitting across your lap as you worked on it, a cup of wine in Cersei's, as you listened silently to your husbands talking. 

"So, have you started this fathering stuff yet?" Robert asked, the words hitting you out of nowhere, causing you to glow red as you continued to work.

"We haven't really discussed it yet," Stannis replied, his hand coming down to rest on your knee as you kept your head down. "We were planning on waiting a while," he added, sending you a small smile. 

Cersei smirked as she watched the small act of affection pass between the two of you. "Oh, you aren't baron are you?" she asked, seemingly out go nowhere, watching as your head snapped up to look at her. Stannis looked to his brother in protest, squeezing your knee tighter.

"Cersei, if you can't keep your mouth shut you will have to retire to your chambers like the children," he uttered half-heartedly. You watched as she glared in his direction, before giving a short nod and lowering her head to look down into her cup, as though it's contents had suddenly become very interesting. "So, are you going to answer?" he added, looking in your direction.

You looked at him for a moment, swallowing around the lump in your throat. "I am not Baron, and neither is Stannis, but we have not begun trying for a child yet, Your Grace," you told him before lowering your eyes again, your cheeks burning hot and embarrassed.

"It's not about trying," the King laughed, shaking his head. "If you're bedding her it is likely to happen anyway," he added, turning his attention back to his brother, causing the burning feeling to spread further across your face, almost reaching your ears. You could tell, without even looking, that Stannis was speechless at his brother's crude way of speaking, especially when it came to you.

"I don't think that is any of your concern," he said after a moment of pause, slowly removing his hand from your knee to shift his body.

"It is very much my concern," Robert muttered, his voice far less jovial than it had been a moment before. "Firstly, I am your king, everything you do and say is my concern. And secondly, if my son is to be the King that will make whatever heir you produce the lord of Dragonstone. I'd consider that to be of my concern, wouldn't you?" His outburst left you all in silence, and your hand's stilled in their work. "So, tell me, why are you not bedding your wife?" he asked, causing you to look away ashamed. "If you both remain silent, I will make it an order for you to tell me," he added.

"Your Grace, he is not bedding me because I do not wish to be bedded," you spoke softly without looking in his direction, your face still red as a shiny apple. "There is a large age gap between Stannis and I, and I do not consider myself ready to sire children," you added causing him to laugh as Cersei looked at you, her face softening, mouth opening as though she was going to say something.

"It doesn't matter if you're ready. It's your job as a woman to please your husband," the king told you. "And you, letting your wife tell you where you can and can't stick your cock is shameful," he added, looking towards Stannis.

"Enough" Stannis spoke firmly, standing from his seat. "How dare you come into my home and stand here belittling my wife," he took your hand in his and helped you to your feet. "You'll leave in the morning, let Lord Stark put up with your ranting and raving for a few days more," he added before pulling you from the room by your arm.

"Stannis," you started softly, as he pressed the door of your chambers shut behind you, "thank you."

"No one gets to tell you what to do," he stated, pulling you closer into his chest. "Not me, not him, not anyone," he added, kissing my head before releasing me to dress for bed, looking away so that you could do the same. You both climbed into your bed, his arms wrapping around you to hold you tight to his chest. "I love you," he muttered softly in your ear, his eyes pressed closed as he breathed in your scent.

"I love you too," you responded, your hand coming up to run over his jaw for a moment, before sinking down further into the bed and closing your eyes.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x