Bitter Taste of Betrayal

This has been edited but there may be mistakes.

Khan sat in the main hall sipping his wine. His mind ran amuck with the conversation he had just had with Neema knowing that his confession had only driven a deeper wedge between the two. He had ruined their mating. It had been doomed from the day they first met, hiding her siblings from her while she was recovering was never the smart thing to do but he reckoned the nail in the coffin was the moment he went ballistic on her for moving her siblings to the adjoining room.

Even now he knew his actions could never be justified, Neema would always have a scar on her beautiful body because of his lack of control.

The only good thing that came out of their mating was the baby she carried inside her womb. The heir to his rule but more importantly it was a little part of him and Neema. When she annulled their mating he would always have a little reminder of what he'd had with her. Their child would be the evidence of the bond him and Neema had shared. In its briefness they had succeeded in cementing their bond with a new life. Their connection would always be there. The thrum of their connection would always run through their veins, it was the most he could ever hope for.

Perching his foot in his knee Khan strummed his fingers along the table top. His foot on the ground tapping as he perused the exits and entrance in impatience.  His free hand grasped at at his glass of wine as he took another swig, the alcohol failing in its job.

He was not one to feel strong emotions other then rage, but Neema had got him good. She had hit him with all those flowery feelings of happiness. The biggest win for her was love. She had made him see that he could be a lover and not a fighter. She had changed the way he viewed his younger brother Carson, an understanding and respect growing between the two. She had altered his view on children.

Her siblings were not his heirs. They were not even his blood family yet he cared for those two little children as if he helped create them. He loved those kids and it was all because of Neema. She had challenged him right from the moment he had caught her and along the way she had captured his non-existent heart. What a tale to tell his future heir.

The sound of the creaking door opening shook him from his nostalgic musings. Flipping his now empty cup in the table he waited for the person to notice his presence. Patiently waiting for them to gain the courage and come closer. Heaving a sigh, he threw his cup down on the table, his gaze rising to meet anxious ones.

Beady eyes were glazed over as he scoured the hall for any hidden people. His body stood stock still when he noticed Khan sitting by the table. It was just the two of them and it was about time they got this out in the open.

"I've been waiting for you," grumbled Khan as he stared at the traitor before him.

"Khan what are you doing here?" his voice quivered as he watched this male. The calmness Khan emanated was always scary. Especially when he caught someone doing something they shouldn't be doing. Khan could radiate anger from every fibre of his body without actually doing anything. Even when he wasn't visibly angered, the atmosphere around him was charged with hostility. Leaving people fearful even when they had nothing to fear from his temper.

"You know why I am here," his voice laced with derision and disgust. To think brothers could turn against one another all for a bit of power. His brother tripped over his words as he tried to fool Khan into believing his weak excuse. His hands hands ran through his short cut hair in nervousness as he attempted to justify his presence.

"Why did you do it? Hmm? Was the money not enough for you?" he growled out.

He was tired of waiting. He wanted to know how he could betray him like this. Sure they had never seen eye to eye, well not for a long time but they had shared a father. The same blood ran through their veins. Ryan had enough money given to him by his father and Khan saw that the amount never faded. Yet greed had turned him crazy.