A Wolf Among Sheep

This has been edited but there may still be mistakes.

A large majority of Khan's pack were around his age and were from his father's pack and the platoon he had trained. A few had mates but there still remained a significant number who were mate-less and restless. These wolves craved another hunt, but the mate trials would sage their hunger until another hunt could be organised. If Khan knew these wolves as well as he did the hunt would be in the next few days and the Trials even sooner, there was no prolonging the affair.

It would be done soon and Neema would fully understand the world she lived in, a world where the wolves were ruled by their primal urges and the humans had no defence but submission. She would learn that she lived in a Wolves den now and not a rat's sewer.

Khan's den was made up off some of the best wolves, they were in their prime and as carnal as their leader.  They were a blood thirsty lot,  males and females alike and they would accept no leadership from a weak leader. Neema would not be given her position she would be tested and her personal trial would begin now, whether she was ready or not. The outcome would likely not be in her favour but Khan could do little to stop it, every Alpha wolves companion was forced into a mini trial of sorts that gave them their rank in the pack.

If Neema succeeded then she would stand by his side as a true leader, a Luna but if she failed she would be ridiculed until she could prove her worth. The blow to her self esteem would see that she depended on Khan, she would have no pride after it was ravaged from her by the fist of his most trusted female.

Neema sat at the long table watching the wolves interact, the younger children were oblivious to the divide of species that the adults felt. Humans and wolf children playing together but their mothers were the complete opposite as they sent daggers her way. Some even snickering in her direction. At first Neema had thought to leave them to be petty, their snide comments meant nothing to her but hen they started to increase in size. What was initially 3 females had become 4 and then 6 until there was a hoard of females smirking and giggling in her direction.

Now that the children were occupied with some of the kids they met at the nursery, Neema could have a chat with the she-wolves who were intent on baring their fangs at her. Striding over to the group of chuckling females Neema felt her anger mounting, she had been through too much to have some idiotic females belittle her and make her seem weak. Typically, she would ignore their taunts but she could not ignore it now, they were becoming much louder drawing the attention of the other wolves in the room. Khan merely stood by with his folded arms as if he expected Neema to deal with the challenge herself and she would. She was not one to forgo a challenge.

"What's the joke? I wanna laugh as well" she interrupted, their laughter quietening down before it picked up with a higher timbre. Words slipping out between their laughs, they made jaunts about the way she looked the way she spoke. How she was uncultured but it was all behind the backs of their hands, none of them brave enough to speak up. To be a true wolf among sheep.

Neema was ready for a fight, she felt adrenalin pulsing through her body as she stood among the petty females, their obnoxious smiles not quite reaching their eyes. Neema would not attack first though instead she would lure the ringleader out and make the female feel confident in her disdain. Then she would strike. She would annihilate any grounds she had for disrespect. They were clearly challenging her right as their ruler and she would show them she was not lacking even if she had no wish to lead among them.

"Well speak up, I'm told I have an excellent sense of humour. Try me" she jeered.

The females had sense, none openly challenged her. Their postures shifted from foot to foot in front of her twittering about like cagey birds but no one answered her question.