Chapter 3

© Sandra Corton 2013

Chapter 3

She had stared at his card for a week now. At first she had pored over it, wanting to glean any information from it that she could. She scoffed at the word accountant. There was no way that devastatingly handsome man had such a dull job. Plus it made no sense to her. She had never seen him leave the house during the day. He was there every single day in that room of his. She could always feel his presence.

She had not really told her parents about the reading of Rosie’s will. She didn’t want to get their  hopes up if it all fell through and nothing truly changed. She was tired of holding all this information to herself but she couldn’t confide in anyone either. Aiden had asked for her discretion and she would hold herself to that.

Come the weekend she needed some freedom from her thoughts and decided to let her friend drag her out. Polly had insisted they go to the new club that had just opened. Honey wasn’t really into clubbing but she had promised her friend that she would attend.

With a sigh, Honey got ready. She pulled out a dress that she hadn’t worn for a while. It was a little more revealing than she would like. The front of the dress dipped a little too low, the back was quite open and it was short but thankfully it kept her modesty intact. Still she knew it would be perfect for a club. She also knew Polly would not allow her to wear a simple t-shirt and jeans.

“Why do you get to go out?” Her sister Hannah moaned as she walked into the room.

“Because I didn’t get caught having sex with my boyfriend.” Honey said with a smirk. “Plus I’m officially an adult remember.”

“Well you’ve never really had a boyfriend.” Hannah pointed out quite unsubtly.

“Yeah whatever you reckon Hannah.” Honey told her as she applied some lipstick and wondered what to do with her uncontrollable hair. She fiddled with the unruly strands for a moment before pulling it back into her usual bun.

“Geez Honey, no wonder you don’t have a boyfriend!” Her sister exclaimed as she went into her room for her hair straightener.

“I don’t have the five hours that’s going to take.” Honey said as her sister returned and the toot of a horn was sounded. “See.”

“Leave it down then, guys like long hair.” Hannah answered with a shrug before starting to unpin her sister’s hair.

“No time.” Honey replied as she heard Polly toot the horn again.

“Just stand still for one minute.” Her sister huffed as pins flew through the air and Hannah put something sweet smelling in said hair. She fluffed her hair out before finally letting her go.

“You can thank me when you actually get some tonight.” Hannah said smugly as she shoved her sister out the door.

Honey didn’t even get to see how she looked before her purse was in her hand and she was heading to Polly’s car. Music reverberated out the windows and her pixie like friend was grooving right along.

She smiled at the short spiked hair and the cute face of one of her longest friends. She rolled her eyes at her friend’s outfit that seemed not much more than a bikini. Polly knew she was smoking hot and she had no problem with flaunting her personal trainer’s body.

“Hey Polly.” Honey said as she opened the door and Polly turned the music down to a dull roar.

“Hey girl!” Polly shouted out as she tried to hug her friend across the console. “Ready for a wild night?” She waggled her eyebrows suggestively.