"And you are?" came my dad's very thick voice. I swear saw Zack gulp. I almost let out a chuckle. Almost.

"That's Zack, Mr M. He happens to be my brother" answered Cam when he saw that Zack wasn't going to. Was he that scared of my dad? The idea made me smile.

"Well Zack my dear, why are you standing there? Have a seat" he obeyed my mother and took the only available seat which happens to be the other head of the table and adjacent to me.

Zack and my dad somehow became friends through dinner. They were laughing and talking about some sports.

"And to think he looked scared a moment ago" Cam said in my ear from my side. His comment made me laugh. They seemed like besties right now.

"So Zack, why have you changed residence?" my dad asked while raising his glass of wine to his mouth.

"My dad wanted me to live with him" Zack's answer was short yet i knew he was hiding something. Cam too went tense when my dad asked the question.

"And your mother?" he went on still asking questions. To think about it, i don't really know what happened to his mother. He never spoke about her.

"She wanted me to stay with my dad" again, short answers.

The rest of the dinner went on. All my friends were laughing along with my family. Ashton and Asher went to spend the night over at Parker's. Since it was a Monday night they would leave to school from his house.

"Samantha, i trust that you have signed the papers?" my dad asked looking straight at me. My friends all looked confused as to what was happening. My dad just stared at me, waiting for my answer.

"Not yet but don't worry, i will" i answered him with a slight nod.

Why did he have to bring that up now, in front of my friends? They were all going to ask questions as soon as we were alone. Couldn't he be more private about this matter.

I looked up to Aidan who gave me a reassuring smile. He knew and he was supporting me.

Well you kids run up and enjoy your evening. The maids will take care of the dishes.

We left the table, my friends all thanking my parents for the dinner before going up to my room.

"Why are you all in my room?" i mean we could have gone to the entertainment room or even Aidan's room. Why mine.

"Because dear one, your room is bigger than mine" Aidan laughed then flopped onto my bed.

"So what are we doing now?" Jessie asked then plopped down onto the bean bag i had by the window.

"It's so late already and I'm tired" lily answered and we all agreed. It was almost eleven and we had a long day. And plus it was school tomorrow.

"What happened to Alex?" i asked Zack who stood in the middle of the room. He looked at me with small smile on his face.

"He went home. He said his sister needed him for something"

"So what paper work was your dad going on about?" Lily asked after a moment. I knew one of them would bring it up.

"Yeah, you never told me anything about paper work. I thought we told each other everything" Cam said looking at me almost hurt

"It's nothing important. Just some stuff that our granddad left for her once she turned eighteen" Aidan said. God he was my rescuer. He gave me soft smile and i mouthed a thanks.

"Oh" was all Cam said. Zack gave me a weird look. I hope he didn't know that we were lying. Well technically we're not. My granddad did leave it to me once i turned eighteen. But they didn't know that the stuff Aidan said meant an actual business empire, along with a lot of properties.