of arguments and horses

My mother comes out now. The lady Camille Adalard, in all her glory. She must her changed out of her clothes because now she is wearing a deep red velvety dress, which I would have commented as very becoming of her if I wasn't super angry at her.

"Bell" she says or rather breaths out. She seems out of breath. "I checked your room for you, the library, the stables even the fields but you weren't there. I thought I lost you." She continues while trying to pull me into a hug.

I allow it. She needs it. I need it.

But I do not speak so she goes on.

"I am sorry. You cannot begin to imagine how sorry I am. I n-never thought you wouldn't want to go. I felt it was a gift . My gift to you. I felt you would want to see Fred and Gideon even George please don't shut me out . I will......."

I move out of her embrace and face my back to her before I speak "You thought? What did I think? Did I even indicate that I missed them? Gideon is married mom and I definitely do want to see George. If all people George? " I snort . Unladylike but psh who cares.

I see Alex walk towards her. From the corner of my eyes. I see him say something to her and she grimace as if to retort but she soon sags her shoulders in defeat.

"I am sorry. I didn't........ When you are ready to talk I will be here for you" after that she walks away.

Jo had taken the hint. Traitorous soul. She had slipped off to her room or rather the Perrier wing but I didn't mind. It was better that way.

Alex was back now. He left for a few seconds after my mother . He left to get my coat and habit ? Why? I look at him puzzled to which he simply stretches out his hand asking me to take it. His hand not the clothes.

I do because I trust him. He pulls me up and half drags me towards the stables. He hands me the clothes and stands my the entrance gesturing for me to go in. I go in and change while he guards the door and when I need help with the laces at the back he helps. Not once does his eyes stray. Never.

I get on Stormrider my midnight black quarter. He is thoroughbred and his temperament is the worse. Although I have several like my Arabian, mustang, Andalusian, Friesian and Marwari all excellent racers. I even have a gypsy horse but Stormrider is my favourite.

Night my Andalusian is second best and he is the prettiest

Night my Andalusian is second best and he is the prettiest. Her hair is silky and soft which I have never cut. She is my ostentatious horse as I and Jo usually braid her hair with flowers and ribbons.

 She is my ostentatious horse as I and Jo usually braid her hair with flowers and ribbons

Alex is on Anemoi. Meaning wind in Greek. She is fast and sweet. His prized possession and thats why he travelled all the way from Greece with it.

 His prized possession and thats why he travelled all the way from Greece with it

••••••••

He leads the way and I follow. Through familiar paths that I know. That has become a memory, a ritual.

We reach a clearing. The clearing. Our clearing . He gets down from his horse and I follow. He ties the horses apart because for some reason he hates to keep Anemoi with Stormrider. He says Stormrider is always making passes at Ane. As if.

He sits, head back face to the sky. Blond hair dancing with the wind ,shirt discarded but I don't mind. He is a Greek god and every maid,maiden and matron has heard of him.

I examine him and let my mind drift off to how we met.

|Flashback |

It was a month after it happened. The second most traumatic event of my life. I had withdrew into a shell and no one could get me out.

I was on the balcony. Dressed in head to toe white when he walked in. Anemoi lead behind him and his boots muddy. Blond hair dancing on his head and his intense eyes.

His eyes were my favourite part of him. Always changing from blue and grey when he was angry which looked like storm clouds to a greenish blue and grey. The latter I have no comparison for but it always showed when he was happy.

That was the one that was on display that day when our eyes locked. The intensity and wildness shocked me and all I could do was stare.

Transfixed

I had never felt more naked in my life and right then I broke down in tears.

**************

Cliffhanger

Am getting a hang of it.

Anyways the flashback will continue in the next chapter which will be undated today. Pinky swear . Writers honour . Photo of Alexio next chapter in hope you live him like I do.

Yours
Lady Beth
Ruler of Bethlandia