Prologue

Living in the dukes manor is the best thing one can ask for. Servants to draw your baths and cook your meals. My Lady the duchess say papa spoils me but its expected I am his only daughter thou I may be adopted.

Knock

I lift my head and see Mimi my maid. At twenty summers, she is the most hard working and attentive person in the world as well as my best friend. With big green eyes and the most unruly hair you will see in the color red its a marvel how she is allowed into the estate.
"Good morning, my lady. Your father the Duke wishes to speak with you in the red drawing room. You are to have breakfast with him and our lady the Duchess, they have urgent business to discuss with." And with that she leaves. You see super friendly not monotonous at all.
Lily my second maid enters with a bath. It is scented with essential oils like lavender my favourite. I enter the bath and get washed.
As I sit in front of my dresser my reflection clear in the China mirror papa gave me last year in Florence, I can't help but admire myself. Mama taught me to love myself before another man or woman will love you. At sixteen, well technical sixteen, I am in my prime. My hair long and thick is going to take me forever to get tame but lily has become a pro.
"Li, what do u think mama and papa want to tell me?" I ask well she pulls my hair into a braid.
"I am not sure, bell but I heard from Grey, who heard from Sally who heard from , Harold, you know your father's valet, over at the servants quarters during breakfast that the Duke wishes to visit the English palace this summer for.. I can't remember. Well I think that most be it" she reply rapidly and giddy. You see in case you haven't figured it yet lily has a tad of a gossiping problem. Can't keep a secret to save King Henri or herself, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Keeps me entertained.

"Oh the English palace, well will just have to wait and see." I reply defeated. The last time I visited that place was not a pleasant experience and the person who lives they is not one I wish to be acquainted with.