Of beatings and meetings

The garden is lush with grasses and its the only place I feel welcomed. Mayhaps its because am dirt as the Queen would say or maybe it because it peaceful and away from the preying eyes of jealous nobles.

I make my way into the maze. Since the day she found me I have been running in this maze with the Prince and Gideon his friend and protector.

Gideon Is another noble but he isn't snobbish, far from it. He is always hugging me and asking about my welfare. Fred is always making fun of us but as much as I like his care its so restricting. He never let's me climb trees or play ball only tea time and that gets boring after the first scone.

I walk the path sniffing the air I perceive lavender, the center is near. I pick up speed, running with high intensity and

BUMP

I collide with silk. I dread looking up but the earth shattering scream that follows informs me of the wall I had collided with. The Queen.

U peek at her through my lashes to find a fuming Queen Constance at my wake. Grabbing my ear she mumbles under her breath as she pulls me about how she can't take it anymore.

The pond is near and I now know her intentions. She sits on the bench and bends me over her knee. Twenty smacks for bumping into her and by the time she us done I was wailing like a soldier's wife.

She sashays out of the maze with a smug grin on her face. I wait until her retreating back fads before I collapse on the floor crying.

A rustle disturbs my solitude and in a flash am up. A hand is quick to steady my lest I fall. Looking up to the most angelic face I have every seen and in the depths of her honey coloured eyes are swirls of emotions. Sorrow, concern, and pity. The worst.