of comfort and comforters

"Eng-fucking-land"

     "Oh" was all she said.
   "Oh? Oh? " I was fuming now. Who answers you 'oh' after you just told them that you were leaving?

Jo. Josephine Pierre that's who.

   " I just told you that I would be spending my season in England not France. That I would be introduced into English society and not French, and all you have to say is 'oh'? I spit out in disgust.
  "No, -she started calmly - you didn't. You just said 'england! Eng-fucking-land ' like a gruff if I may add. You never - emphasis on never  - said all that." She ends just as calmly. Like I wasn't about to explode into a billion pieces. Like I wasn't giving her my death glare. " That said, I would... ........." I didn't even let her finish.

" Are you pregnant?" I asked. The question must have stunned her because she blinked several times that I had to speak again. This time, my tone more strained. " My Gosh, woman answer the damn question"

"N-n-no-no" she stutters flushing red in embarrassment.
" Good then. I won't have any remorse about doing this" I mutter the last part under my breath while I hit her head.

Hard.

Her reflex is quick but not quick enough. A squeal follows the thump and she attempts to fire back when I fix her with an ice cold look that matches my tone as I say "Don't goad me." And with that, she keeps quiet.

  I have never been one to be.... physical. Believe me? No? Well good luck.

  I pride myself in my ability to be logical in any situation. That is why I am still sitting down. With Jo.

"Why were you not at breakfast?" I ask her.

Silence

Answer?

Nope

Silence.

"Oh, the silent treatment? Good move Jo. Good move." I will not beg. I am the future queen of France and I will not beg. 

1minute

  2mintues

3m......

" Please, please, please, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry." I am on the ground now. Future queen of France is on the floor.

Wet

dirty

floor .

" Please, slap me, punch me, kick me,"

I had fisted her clothes now.

" I don't care just please forgive me. I was angry."

I was crying now.

Crocodile tears. but hey I cried.

Seeing through me, asper usual, she shakes her head at my theatrics. Jo pulls her skirt from my and hands me her kercheif. With a smile she pulls me up and like that bam!   It's all better.

"Seb left this morning" sadness, and love are in my eyes as she replies and I cringe for being so selfish and self-centered - albeit it's the same thing but that's to show how much of a self-absorbed person I am.

  I put my arms around her and kiss her. She doesn't cry. No. Jo never cries. Except when she peels onions. Then again who doesn't?

  "I am sorry. I wanted to come bu-t-but. I was -em b-busy." She says again removing herself from my embrace.

I raise a teasing brow. This just got interesting . Jo was busy? Evil smirk.
"Busy? Oh my! -i put my palm on my chest- Jo was busy." I laughed.
"Busy in the bedchamber?" I ask my amusement clear in my voice.
"H-how did you know?" she asks truly surprised. I roll my eyes. Trust Jo to call me innocent. I chuckled. Even my mother doesn't call me innocent.

"I am not stupid you know. I read romance literature too. Besides if my husband was leaving me for the next six months give or take  I would most definitely not be busy in the stables". I answer in a duh tone.

"Oh, sometimes i forget how much you know." She says

"Not half as much as you." I say teasingly. She giggles. Like church bells . Beautiful. 

  Sighing, she takes my hand in hers . Still staring out . As if pained. "When do you leave?"

  "A week after my sixteenth" I reply defeated.

  We don't talk .

She knows why I hate it there.

And no it's not Queen Constance. She is not even queen anymore.

And no, it's not Gideon or Sally, whose name is actually Suzanne. Sally just suited her. I am over their marriage. Good God she's off the marriage mart i can't imagine how I would have coped if she was a debutant.

And noooo it's not Frederick. Even though he is a dick. I will talk about that story later.

It's because if something else. Something much more darker than the fact that my first crush was into opportunistic baronets or that my first love was a politician.

  No. It was deeper.

    And seeing as life is a messed up, twisted place, I would have to face it.

***********************

Yea

Cliffhanger.

  A secret. 

I have the weirdest urge to sing the theme song of pretty little liars. Lol.

Anyways, hope you liked it .it was very fun to write .

Vote

Comment

Share

Yours

Lady Beth
Sole ruler of Bethlandia