*5*

Written: 1st November 2013
Rewritten: 20th November 2017

_______________________________________________________________________________________
(Third Person POV)

Jace didn't know what to think. A mundane mental institution? Why would Jocelyn ever think that that was a good idea? It's insane! "Isabelle, we can't let that happen." Jace grabbed Isabelle by the shoulders, his eyes wild.
"I agree, but I don't know when she's going to do it." She smiled sadly, as if she was giving up.
"I'll find out and then we can stop it from happening. If she's in an institution, we can't help her."

(Clary's POV)

I was finally able to get a few hours of peaceful sleep before mom came in. "Sweetheart, I need to talk to you about something." She explained her thoughts about me. She turned away, not wanting to face my anger. But I wasn't angry.
"It's okay, mom. I think that might be the best place for me right now." I completely agreed with her. My head was the clearest it's been since all of this started. I knew Jace wasn't out to get me but it didn't stop the dread I felt when I thought about him. I don't completely trust myself to be anywhere on my own, anymore. It's tearing me apart to not be able to trust myself, to know exactly what I'd do in any possible situation. It's like I don't know who I am and that's what scares me the most.

"I'll get ready and then we can leave. The sooner this happens, the quicker I'll be out right?" I ask mom, my voice sounding like a little girl's.
"Of course. I'm sorry Clary." She apologised as she left the room. I knew there wasn't much point in changing since I'll probably have to change when I get there and that I wasn't allowed anything. I brushed my hair, braiding it quickly before slipping some shoes on and heading downstairs.

We hopped in the car and Luke drove to the gates of the institution. He glanced in the rear view mirror. "Are you sure that you're okay with this?" I nodded. "Jocelyn? Are you sure that this is what's best for her?" Mom nodded, opening the car door. "Okay then. I'll see you soon, kiddo." He gave me a wolfly grin and I flashed him a quick smile.

Standing on the sidewalk outside made the reality seem so much worse. I was actually losing my mind and not even a warlock could fix it. Another person was suddenly beside us. "You can't do this." Jace. Jace was trying to talk mom out of it. "If you admit her, we'll never be able to help her. Alec and Isabelle think it's something to do with Lilith. A mundane institution can't help her." He paused, catching his breath. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"
"You mean why didn't I tell you?" Mom countered, understanding filling her eyes.

"This is why I didn't, Jace. I knew you would try and talk me out of this. It's not a full admittance. I can take her out whenever. We're going to trial it for a few days." His golden eyes snapped to me.
"I want this, Jace. I don't know myself anymore and I can't hurt you anymore than I already have. Please let me do this, Jace." His eyes filled with pain but nodded.
"I'll find a way to fix this, I promise." I grabbed his hand.
"I know you will."

(Third Person POV)

Clary and Jocelyn headed inside the massive gates, leaving Jace outside. Clary's mind was becoming cloudy once again and she stumbled as her mind drifted else where.

All she could hear was her own harsh breathing as she ran. Flashes of buildings and streets went by. She had no clue where she was and at this point she no longer cared. Feint shouts from Jocelyn and Luke drifted by in the wind, but she couldn't stop. He was everywhere, Valentine. Blood dripping down his chest, a dark smirk ghosted on his face. And he wasn't alone.

Jace was there, but he looked like Jonathan's twin. The only variance was the hair. Jace's was good but red had been splattered through it and Jonathan's was a ghost white. She had lost her golden Angel and every step she ran from him, her heart broke a little more.
The pavement felt hard as her feet contacted with it. She didn't look where she ran, she didn't care. Until her foot slipped and she tumbled. Crashing down onto the pavement went her body and her hopes at escaping. The thundering footsteps behind her slowed down and laughter rang out in the dead silence. She couldn't let this happen! She wasn't going to die at his hands!

She scrambled and pulled herself up and darted into the nearest alley. Taking the sharp left and then the right, she didn't let herself look behind. She didn't want to give up her hope that she had lost them.
Music sounded in her ears and she couldn't even register that Simon's band's van was in front of her. She dashed behind the van and sunk to her knees against a brick wall. The heavens opened up and immediately she was soaked. But that didn't matter, it couldn't. She was just thankful that it hid her tears.

(Clary's POV)

Walking into the institution was almost like admitting defeat, but I couldn't let myself roam freely. I was destroying myself and Jace in the process. If this is what it would take for me to get better than I would anything. The receptionist was nice enough and eventually a nurse came out to take me into the office. Mom and I signed some papers and the nurse from earlier came back. "I'll show you to your room, while your here." I nodded, hugging mom and promising to see her in three days.
"Not a single day longer, mom." She crossed her heart and the door closed behind me.

The nurse led me down corridor after corridor, taking lefts and rights along the way. "You get used to it." She mentioned seeing the puzzlement on my face. I nodded, hopefully I won't get used to it. My head began to swim and thoughts of Jace disappeared replaced with the golden eyes murderer. I whimpered.

"Here we are." The Nurse said, unlocking the door. It was one of many in this corridor. The inside didn't seem too bad. Hopefully he can't get me in here. "Home for however long." I walked in, barely making it to the centre of the room before collapsing and crying. As the door swung shut, I could've sworn I saw the nurse's eyes flash black but I could've been wrong. After all, I had to make sure the golden eyed guy wasn't going to kill me.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N
Thanks so much for the votes and comments on this story. I appreciate it so much as well as everyone who reads this story.

AND give this chapter a rating out of 10, it would be amazing if you did.

But as always, if you enjoyed please leave a vote and a comment and share it with people you think would like it.
AND AND don't forget to follow me and check out some of my other stories.

I hope everyone enjoyed this and have a spectacular day.