I was silent. I looked down. He had a point. What he said to that kid, he was proving himself right. I guess, maybe, he actually cared about me and wasn't there for pity.

He took my chin in his hands and faced me towards him.

"Look, Monica. I'm your friend and that's it." His voice became much softer. "I'm not your friend because I feel bad. I'm not your friend because of Asia. I'm your friend because I wanted to be your friend."

I nod, looking him in the eyes. His dark, beautiful eyes looked nothing but sincere and genuine. Without thinking, I reached up and wrapped my hands around him.

He was caught of guard but still squeezed me back. Just like the last time we hugged, I felt safe in his arms. Then I felt the butterflies in my stomach.

Alex and I went to the school library for the rest of lunchtime. There we got to talk and get to know each other. Well maybe Alex got to know me way more. Because, I felt like I did most of the talking, while he asked questions.

"How is Sandy doing, though?" I asked him.

"She's okay. She's kind of struggling though." He shrugged, nonchalantly.

"Why?" I asked, worry taking over my face. I haven't seen Sandy in a while, and I only met up with her two times. But she was Alex's brother. If she's struggling with something, I want to help.

Alex looked at me. "You know after she saw Asia and I at the movies, she has never been the same."

I gasped and looked at him. "Alex! Really?!" He was laughing already. "I thought you were going to be serious. I was really worried!"

Alex continued to laugh. I stared at him. A smile took over my face as I continued to hear the sound of his beautiful laughter.

"But, okay. I'll be serious. She's okay...She is struggling a bit though. She is new here, you know. And she's not really making any friends."

"Why didn't you tell me this?" I asked.

He shrugs. "Seems like you already hot too much on your plate."

I joked, "you want some of it?"

He laughs. "I am kind of hungry."

I laughed with him. "But really." I say, being serious again. "I can help Sandy make new friends. It's not a problem."

"Thanks." He smiled at me. I smiled back. We stayed like that, starting at each other and smiling. My heart was pounding as his dark eyes looked into his dark eyes. Suddenly, his eyes dropped to my lips. My eyes mirrored his actions. Now, we were both staring at each other's lips.

I wanted him to move forward and place his lips on mines. I wanted it so bad.

If he was thinking about it, he couldn't do it. Because the stupid bell decided to ring. I jumped up, grabbing my backpack. I heard Alex sigh silently.

I looked at him than he sniled. "You never told me if you figured out the word for me."

"Huh?" I asked, completely confused.

"You told me I was being cute." He smirked at me. "Well that's not the right word."

I looked away from him, not knowing what to say.

"What's the right word, Monica?" He asked moving closer to me again.

I knew the right word. It was on the tip of my toungue. I didn't want to say it just yet, though.

I wanted to be brave for a while. I dared to say the words that were about to come out of my mouth.

"Why don't you refresh my mind, Alex?" I whispered breathlessly. He was dangerously close. I could feel his heat radiating to mines. My stomach was already doing crazy things.

Maybe I could get the kiss?

Alex smirked at me and leaned foward. His lips were less than one inch from my ear. "I'd love to." He whispered in my ear. I shivered.

Then his lips touched mines. His lips pressed against mines softly and I felt his hands wrapped around my waist. Naturally, my hands wrapped around his neck.

His lips were soft and warm against mines. He pulled me closer and his lips moved against mines. His warm mint breath mixed with mines. Electricity spreader all throughout my body. I felt them from my top of my head to the tip of my toes.

He asked for my permission and I happily allowed him in. His toungue wrapped around mines and-

The late bell ranged. We pulled away from each other.

"We're late." I said, but with a smile on my face. He smiled back.

His fingers stroked my cheek, "What's the word?"

"Sexy." I murmured. He smiled wider and kissed my cheek.

I giggled, feeling my butterflies soar.

Then, we separated and walked to class.

I was in a trance as I walked to my class. Alex just lifted my mood up, like a thousand times today. First he sat next to me, then he stood up for me, and finally he kissed me. And this was suppose to be a bad day.

That kiss was the best kiss I have ever had. I've kissed a few boys before. But no one kissed me like Alex. Not even Tyrone. He kissed me so passionately like I was the only girl who deserved to be kissed.

I was smiling too much. I hoped it didn't leave my face, either. I thought that maybe it could stay.

But, that wasn't reality.