Chapter 9: Let The Feast Begin

Music filled the merry halls of the Red Keep. The most enthusiastic of people danced along to the rhythm. Yet here I was, by the table of food gazing from afar as I observed the Dornish prince. How strange everything truly was. Why would the Lannisters want to interfere with the alliance of an enemy? But of course, everything was simple for those who knew of the feud between Martell and Lannister. 

Cersei was ambitious and wished to eliminate those who challenged her reign, one of them being House Martell. She wished to defeat the enemy with an alliance through her daughter Myrcella and she  has arranged my marriage for her own advantages. I was a spy and a pawn to the great game. I was to send ravens weekly. Letters which contained reports of what occured in Dorne. How truly wonderful, note the sarcasm, I wasn't even given the chance to enjoy this day, my day. 

My last day of freedom before I am to be shipped off to a foreign country to marry a stranger. But of course Oberyn was not a stranger, his eyes were so kind and he has always been so chivalric towards me despite his reputation. I could think of a million words to describe how the Dornish prince was, and they would all cause me to smile. Just the very thought of it caused the heat rise up to my cheeks and immediately my cheeks flushed a deep crimson. 

But the peace did not last long. My moment of short enthusiasm was interrupted by someone standing behind me as they cleared their throat. Just as I was about to say a rude remark, crystalline hues stop to rest upon Ellaria Sand. I  swallowed thickly, the nervousness quite obvious as I paled at her very presence.

"Why the sudden shock, young one? Is it such a surprise for me to be here?" I stayed silent despite her inquiry. Honestly, it was a complete surprise to even see her here. Bastards were often uninvited to feasts hosted by Lannisters. But Ellaria was different, she is Oberyn's paramour after all. Oceanic orbs dare not linger away from the woman before me. Taking in every single detail of her toned Dornish features. Ellaria was indeed fair, her breasts quite small yet her hips wide and without a doubt attracted Oberyn. 

That was when I wondered, how long would I have to share Oberyn with Ellaria? After all, we are to be married and once we exchange vows then he would not need Ellaria's services anymore, for it would be my job to provide Oberyn with his needs.

Suddenly, I woke from my little daydream upon realizing that Ellaria had not left probably still wishing to hear a petty response to satisfy her ego. I chose to take the higher ground, by staying silent instead until she had yanked my arm rather painfully causing me to yelp silently. Thankfully, it did not cause much attention. I felt her warm breath brush against my pale skin, causing goosebumps to form while I felt a single bead of sweat trickle down my forehead.

"Remember that whatever you do Oberyn will still be mine." And with that, she pulled away leaving me there trembling with so much nervousness and fear. 

I had to do something, and I needed to do it quick. I needed to get rid of Ellaria Sand. Perhaps I can use this game to my advantage after all.