Chapter 18.

#notedited
Guys if you have any questions or confusion, you can comment and I ll answer back.

Please Vote! Thanks.

5 years earlier. (The flashback is still going.)

Zayn hasn't been responding to any of my calls. I am worried. I don't think he likes the idea of Harry and I being together. Why does it bother him? It's not like I am going to replace him. He'll always be my best friend.

"You okay?" Harry kissed my cheek.

This felt so weird. Being with Harry like this. It felt so strange.

Harry and I started dating 2 days ago. He fought with his parents and they're letting him stay with his aunt here. I know he misses his parents and his sister Gemma. But they had to leave.

I turned my head towards him. "Yeah.. Are you?"

He shrugged and smiled at me. "I'll be okay. Any word from Zayn he has been ignoring me."

My heart sank. He wasn't only ignoring me. He was ignoring Harry too.

"No. Maybe he's sick. Do you think we should pay him a visit at his house?" I asked Harry.

He nodded. "Yeah.. We should."

I quickly stood up and I brushed the dust from my pants.

"Okay. Lets go." I said to Harry.

Harry looked up at me and I smiled.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Right now?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah. Right now. Now stand up!"

He groaned and stood up. "But I wanna spend time with my girlfriend..." He whined.

I gave him a fake smile. Its not like I don't love Harry. I do. But I am not sure if I can accept him as my boyfriend.

Harry puts his arm around my shoulder. "Caroline, You're driving."

I pulled back and I took the keys from him. "Okay."

The car ride was silent. Harry and I didn't talk. I think we were both nervous. Why was Zayn ignoring us? Is he mad at me? Is he mad at us? Is he gonna break our friendship?

We reached at his place.

"Don't question him too much, You know how much that annoys him." Harry told me.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, Yeah. I wont."

Harry knocked on the door.

"Maybe he's not home." He said.

I punched him on the shoulder. "Knock again!"

He winced and knocked again. "I forgot that you punch like a man.."

I chuckled. "Do you want me to punch you again? No? Well then... Shut up!"

He grinned. "Okay babe."

We waited for about 5 minutes when Harry groaned.

"He's not home. We should go back."

I frowned and looked at Zayn s window. The lights weren't out. He was home.

"But..."

"Cmon lets go babe."

I nodded and Harry held my hand.

But as we were about to leave.  We heard something. Someone opened the door.

Harry and I turned around to see Zayn.

He didn't look sick. He looked fine.

"What do you guys want?" He asked rudely.

He had a blank face on so I didn't know what he was thinking.

My heart sank. This wasn't my best friend. He would never talk to me like this.

"You have been ignoring us. We just wanted to check up on you, to see if you were alright." Harry muttered.

Zayn looked at our hands and frowned.

I knew it. He was upset because of Harry and I being together. But Harry didn't notice it.

"Well.. I am fine. I don't feel like talking so if you'll excuse me, I need to complete my work."

As he was about to shut the door.

"Now wait a second, Zayn." I called out.

He rolled his eyes and looked at us.

I pulled my hand away from Harry and I moved forward.

"Don't ignore us like this. You need to tell me what happened?"

He shook his head. "Nothing happened okay? I am just not in the mood to talk."

"B-but.."

He shut the door.

He shut the door at me.

Tears welled up in my eyes.

I ended up losing a friend no matter how much I tried.

I saved Harry but I lost Zayn.